AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   back up switch (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=26535)

regigi March 9th 05 09:30 PM

back up switch

94sl..i was told i need a bakcup switch on. i know what it looks like but,
where is it located. i was told under the gear stick.(manual)

private March 10th 05 04:02 AM

Reverse switch for backup lights is located on the center top of the 5 speed
manual transmission. It engages the transmision internal shift rail

lkaboutautos.com...

[email protected] March 10th 05 06:50 PM

The backup light switch on my '95 SL2 sits on top of the transmission
housing. If you look straight down just behind the battery, you'll see
it. The switch comes out with a 7/8" deep-set socket.

It looks about the same setup on my '01 SC2, but there's an electronics
package just aft of the battery that seems to require removal before
the backup switch can be accessed.

Bill March 10th 05 09:06 PM

The switch is mounted on top of the transmission housing, to the
driver's side of the engine, and can be seen by looking down just
behind and below the battery. It is easily removable using an 7/8"
deep-set socket and extender. The part is available at auto parts
stores as well as Saturn and should cost $16-17.

You can see some pictures at
http://home.comcast.net/~williamkilg...up_switch.html