AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   An interesting feature on some new Ford vehicles (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=374560)

Dickr September 17th 12 11:09 PM

An interesting feature on some new Ford vehicles

I'm not sure which new Ford vehicles have this feature...
press the unlock on your key to unlock the doors, press and hold
a second time, and the windows open.
Seems like a good idea when your car is closed up and parked in
the hot sun. Now, if you also had remote start, and had the A/C on,
You could unlock the doors, open the windows, and the A/C would
kick in and force the hot air out of the vehicle before you get to your
car. Modern marvels.
Dick in MN

WindsorFox[_5_] September 17th 12 11:14 PM

On 9/17/2012 17:09, Dickr wrote:
> I'm not sure which new Ford vehicles have this feature...
> press the unlock on your key to unlock the doors, press and hold
> a second time, and the windows open.
> Seems like a good idea when your car is closed up and parked in
> the hot sun. Now, if you also had remote start, and had the A/C on,
> You could unlock the doors, open the windows, and the A/C would
> kick in and force the hot air out of the vehicle before you get to your
> car. Modern marvels.
> Dick in MN

Not such a good idea when it's raining and the button get pressed in
your pocket. The Titan has that feature.

twk September 18th 12 04:52 AM

An interesting feature on some new Ford vehicles

In article >,
"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote:

> On 9/17/2012 17:09, Dickr wrote:
> > I'm not sure which new Ford vehicles have this feature...
> > press the unlock on your key to unlock the doors, press and hold
> > a second time, and the windows open.
> > Seems like a good idea when your car is closed up and parked in
> > the hot sun. Now, if you also had remote start, and had the A/C on,
> > You could unlock the doors, open the windows, and the A/C would
> > kick in and force the hot air out of the vehicle before you get to your
> > car. Modern marvels.
> > Dick in MN

> Not such a good idea when it's raining and the button get pressed in
> your pocket. The Titan has that feature.

Ha ha ha! over the years I've bent over to pick up something and popped
open the trunk, locked/unlocked the doors, set off the alarm. I need to
empty my pockets. I leaned way into my other car to get something out
and locked the doors.

Although, it does sound like a nice feature.

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.