AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Transmission pan bolt torque 01 Jetta Automatic (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=178277)

[email protected] July 28th 07 01:43 PM

Transmission pan bolt torque 01 Jetta Automatic

Hi,
I know I've stripped one hole on the tranny housing that holds the 4
bolts for the transmision pan. Looks like I can drill through to the
other side, use a longer bolt and nut.

Does anyone know the torque required to tighten these 4 bolts? I have
a Bentley and a Haynes and neither says. I'd rather not do this
again.

Thanks for any help,

Dermott

dave AKA vwdoc1 July 28th 07 02:16 PM

Transmission pan bolt torque 01 Jetta Automatic

Helicoil repair that hole
http://www.roadstarmagazine.com/modu...rticle&sid=233

Sometimes the original metal will weaken with age and may not hold the
proper torque specs. :-(

oups.com...

[email protected] July 29th 07 02:21 PM

Transmission pan bolt torque 01 Jetta Automatic

Thank you,
I know I went way over 6 ft-lbs!
Thanks again,
Dermott