AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Help! 91' Ford Explorer 4WD - Transmission slow to change to 2nd gear (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=422841)

[email protected] September 14th 15 09:27 AM

Help! 91' Ford Explorer 4WD - Transmission slow to change to 2nd gear

在 2002年1月18日星期五 UTC+8上午12:08:31,John D. Goulden写道:
> > My Explorer just started being slow to change to 2nd gear in
> > the morning when the outside temp is cold. No amount of 'warmup' time
> > till change this and it doesn't happen after the first couple of
> > shifts. Doesn't slip of anything and the fluid level seems fine.
> > I'll provide more info upon request.
> > I'm going to drive this to Alaska during March so I have to
> > get it to 100%. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks.

> Hi, Chris - When this happened to my '91 EB 4WD I took it to the shop and
> ended up paying $1800 for a rebuilt transmission. However, somewhat later I
> stumbled across http://www.glue.umd.edu/~singletn/web/pages/at2.html which
> describes a possible solution to slow shifts when cold that may have been
> the problem all along. Please let us know if this solves your problem.
>
> --
> Dr. John D. Goulden
> Oklahoma City University
> Department of Computer Science
> 2501 N Blackwelder
> Oklahoma City, OK 73106
>
> 405.521.5042

China Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co. Ltd engages in designing, manufacturing and marketing all kinds of electric motors. They are mainly suitable for the following applications: smart home application used in smart kitchen and laundry, medical instrument for personal care, smart E-transmission applied in automobile, industry automation applied in telecommunication and a great variety of plastic/metal planetary gearbox in different sizes.
In order to develop the oversea market, we are current seeking new partners around the world to create a bright future together. ZhaoWei is a right choice and excellent partnership with sincere services.

Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd
Contact: Anny Liu
Tel:+86-755-27322652
Fax:+86-755-27323949

Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Bao’an Dist., Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China