AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Coolant leak (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=442905)

Stevenvz717 October 13th 19 10:18 PM

Coolant leak

I have a 87 305 that is leaking coolant in the back of the engine. I looked at
the freeze plugs and they are dry and all the coolant it running farther back
on the driver side. Hoping it’s note a cracked block but can anyone give me
ideas?

--
for full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/tech/coo...ak-122830-.htm

Kevin Bottorff[_3_] October 14th 19 06:06 PM

Coolant leak

Stevenvz717 > wrote in
oupdirect.com:

> I have a 87 305 that is leaking coolant in the back of the engine. I
> looked at the freeze plugs and they are dry and all the coolant it
> running farther back on the driver side. Hoping it’s note a cracked
> block but can anyone give me ideas?

more than likely the aluminum intake manifold is eaten out at the back
passage. get a mirror and pressure tester to be sure. KB

Xeno October 15th 19 12:49 AM

Coolant leak

On 14/10/19 8:18 am, Stevenvz717 wrote:
> I have a 87 305 that is leaking coolant in the back of the engine. I
> looked at
> the freeze plugs and they are dry and all the coolant it running farther
> back
> on the driver side. Hoping it’s note a cracked block but can anyone give me
> ideas?

Head gasket is a possibility.

--

Xeno