AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   96 Blazer "Service Engine Soon" light (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=440928)

[email protected] August 29th 18 11:25 PM

On Monday, January 8, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Shmoo 2 wrote:
> I was just wondering if anyone else out there with a '96 Blazer has a
> problem with the "Service Engine Soon" light. I had mine go on when the
> vehicle was less than a week old. I brought it to the dealer and they say
> that there's nothing wrong with the vehicle and not to bring it in again
> unless I notice a difference in performance. They also said that it seems
> to be a common problem with the '96 Blazers but I haven't seen this thread
> mentioned on this newsgroup anytime recently. After they reset the light,
> it went back on a few days later and has been on for the last 3 weeks.
>
> Is there anyone else out there with this problem?

I also have a 96 Blazer with the same problem. Had it checked out several times and was told it was something with the emission system but not which part. The car runs just fine. I found the way to turn this light out for a while. sometimes it lasts for a week or so sometimes just a few hours. The fuse block is located on the left side of the dash. you will see it when you open the door. open the cover to the fuse block and you will
see several fuses in there. On mine, the one that controls the "service engine soon" is on the second row down about in the middle. When your not going to use the car , say over night, just pull out this fuse and leave it out until you are ready to use the car. put the fuse back ( the car will not start with this fuse pulled out) and then the light will go out. at least or a while.