AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   what lateral g-force can old cars achieve? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=440883)

[email protected] August 21st 18 08:02 AM

what lateral g-force can old cars achieve?

A modern vanilla sedan can do 0.9 g, maybe more with good tyres.
I saw a video on Youtube of some guy fitting a triangulated 4-link suspension
to some chrome-bumper car, and managed to get 0.52 g on cornering,
which seems rather poor. Must have had **** tyres. Sorry, I haven't been
able to find it again to get the details.

Kevin Bottorff[_3_] August 21st 18 04:45 PM

what lateral g-force can old cars achieve?

wrote in
:

> A modern vanilla sedan can do 0.9 g, maybe more with good tyres.
> I saw a video on Youtube of some guy fitting a triangulated 4-link
> suspension to some chrome-bumper car, and managed to get 0.52 g on
> cornering, which seems rather poor. Must have had **** tyres. Sorry, I
> haven't been able to find it again to get the details.

first of all the modern vanilla sedan can not do .9 gs. that would be a
very good number on a sports car. also the weight bias on a older car would
have been pretty poor on a RWD sedan of the era. If I remember correctly
(pretty iffy) camero and must. set up for good handleing would have been
about .79 or so. KB