AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jeep cranks and wants to start but won’t (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38920)

jeepgirl July 18th 05 09:37 PM

Jeep cranks and wants to start but won’t

Hi,
My 96 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 (it actually uses 97 factory parts) just shut
off on me while driving on the local road today. When I crank it it
does sound like it is going to catch - a couple of times it actually
catches for a couple of seconds then shuts off. We thought it was the
crankshaft position sensor and we changed that but we are still having
that issue. Until not this baby has given us no problems with starting
up. Does anyone have any ideas? :(

Thanks so much

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/4X4-Jeep-c...ict129435.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=630904

langer1 July 22nd 05 04:38 AM

"jeepgirl" wrote:
>Hi,
>My 96 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 (it actually uses 97 factory parts) just shut
>off on me while driving on the local road today. When I crank it it
>does sound like it is going to catch - a couple of times it actually
>catches for a couple of seconds then shuts off. We thought it was

the
>crankshaft position sensor and we changed that but we are still

having
>that issue. Until not this baby has given us no problems with

starting
>up. Does anyone have any ideas? :(
>
>Thanks so much

Is the fuel pump running? You should hear it every time you turn the
key on, for about 3 seconds.