AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Alfa 166 -Rear view mirror sensor ?? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=271)

DJ July 17th 04 05:47 PM

Alfa 166 -Rear view mirror sensor ??

Hi,

What is the sensor for on the rear view mirror on a AR 166 ?
I thought it was to sense daytime and night-time and auto adjust the ICS
screen colour but the ICS screen colour changes when you switch the head
lights on. - can't find anything in the handbook.

cheers

DJ

be037446 July 17th 04 06:39 PM

I think you're mistaken.
The sensor only changes the rear view mirror. Not the ICS. That only
changes when you're switching the lights on.

DJ July 17th 04 06:57 PM

I realise that turning the headlights on adjusts the ICS screen but what
does the sensor actually adjust ?

i.nl...

Pete July 17th 04 08:18 PM

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:57:01 +0100, "DJ" >, wrote:

>I realise that turning the headlights on adjusts the ICS screen but what
>does the sensor actually adjust ?

Sensor on the mirror - dips the mirror, so that headlight from behind do
not blind driver.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)

jenks80085 July 19th 04 12:04 PM

The mirror is of the 'auto dimming' variety. It's supposed to auto tilt
the mirror if the sensor percives undipped headlights behind you, thus
preventing glare.

jenks80085 July 19th 04 12:05 PM

It's an auto dimming mirror, when the sensor detect undipped headlamps
behing you, it tilts the mirror to prevent you from getting dazzled.