AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Trackday tyres (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=171253)

SteveH July 4th 07 09:00 PM

Trackday tyres

Well, I was quite happy with my Marangoni Vantos in terms of grip on the
road and very impressed with their wet grip on the track.

However, I've done around 400 road miles and 200 track miles on a set of
4 and 2 are just about illegal (on the nearside), 2 are OK for a
thousand or so road miles (but would be shot in one session on the
track).

That makes things a tad expensive, even at 40 quid a corner.

Any ideas if there are some decent alternatives out there which would
last more than 2 track days?

Cheers,

Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #

R D S July 5th 07 09:16 PM

Trackday tyres

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> Well, I was quite happy with my Marangoni Vantos in terms of grip on the
> road and very impressed with their wet grip on the track.
>
> However, I've done around 400 road miles and 200 track miles on a set of
> 4 and 2 are just about illegal (on the nearside), 2 are OK for a
> thousand or so road miles (but would be shot in one session on the
> track).
>
> That makes things a tad expensive, even at 40 quid a corner.
>
> Any ideas if there are some decent alternatives out there which would
> last more than 2 track days?
>
> Cheers,

Did some of the old buses have solid rubber ones? Can you get some like
this?

GT[_1_] July 6th 07 10:05 AM

Trackday tyres

"R D S" > wrote in message

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
>> Well, I was quite happy with my Marangoni Vantos in terms of grip on the
>> road and very impressed with their wet grip on the track.
>>
>> However, I've done around 400 road miles and 200 track miles on a set of
>> 4 and 2 are just about illegal (on the nearside), 2 are OK for a
>> thousand or so road miles (but would be shot in one session on the
>> track).
>>
>> That makes things a tad expensive, even at 40 quid a corner.
>>
>> Any ideas if there are some decent alternatives out there which would
>> last more than 2 track days?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>

> Did some of the old buses have solid rubber ones? Can you get some like
> this?

I've seen solid tyres on a Silver Cross too. They would look good as they
are white, but the wheels are a bit smaller, so you might have to file down
your rims a bit!