AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Clutch question. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=372790)

Mr. K[_2_] January 23rd 12 08:52 PM

Clutch question.

My type 1 has taken to not wanting to go into R. after sitting awhile.
If I first put it in first then it goes into R. w/o a grinding.
Whats'up?
--
Karma, What a concept!

Jim Ed January 23rd 12 09:48 PM

Clutch question.

On Jan 23, 2:52*pm, "Mr. K" > wrote:
> My type 1 has taken to not wanting to go into R. after sitting awhile.
> If I first put it in first then it goes into R. w/o a grinding.
> Whats'up?
> --
> Karma, What a concept!

This link might help:

http://www.vw-resource.com/troubleshooting.html#clutch

[email protected][_1_] January 29th 12 02:39 PM

Clutch question.

On Jan 23, 4:48*pm, Jim Ed > wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2:52*pm, "Mr. K" > wrote:
>
> > My type 1 has taken to not wanting to go into R. after sitting awhile.
> > If I first put it in first then it goes into R. w/o a grinding.
> > Whats'up?
> > --
> > Karma, What a concept!

> *This link might help:
>
> *http://www.vw-resource.com/troubleshooting.html#clutch

Your cable might just need adjusting. look to make sure you bowden
tube has a good bend in it.

Hope this helps.

Mr. K[_2_] January 30th 12 06:18 PM

Clutch question.

In article
" > wrote:

> On Jan 23, 4:48*pm, Jim Ed > wrote:
> > On Jan 23, 2:52*pm, "Mr. K" > wrote:
> >
> > > My type 1 has taken to not wanting to go into R. after sitting awhile.
> > > If I first put it in first then it goes into R. w/o a grinding.
> > > Whats'up?
> > > --
> > > Karma, What a concept!

> > *This link might help:
> >
> > *http://www.vw-resource.com/troubleshooting.html#clutch

> Your cable might just need adjusting. look to make sure you bowden
> tube has a good bend in it.
>
> Hope this helps.

well, thanks for the help.
I finally took it apart. someone did some fancy welding on the "tube"
the release b'ring slides on. That's a problem with VW's . so many think
that they can DIY.
--
Karma, What a concept!