AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   98 Jetta Transmission Shift Indicator Problem (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=54092)

[email protected] January 15th 06 12:01 AM

98 Jetta Transmission Shift Indicator Problem

I have a 98 Jetta that I replaced the transmission in. Now the shift
indicator on the dash shows the wrong gear. When I turn the key on the
indicator shows the correct gear, then quickly moves to D. I did a scan
and it indicated the Transmission indicator sensor was bad, but I can't
seem to find it on the car. Neither my manual or the deal can tell me
where it's located. The dealer did talk me into changing the
multifunction switch on the rear of the tranny, but that didn't fix the
problem.

I hope somebody can give me a hint on where it is.

Thanks
Mike