AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Alfa Service (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=238)

Lenny July 4th 04 11:19 PM

Alfa Service

Hi All,
I've just had my 156 Sportswagon 36K service carried out and it appears that
Alfa are really trying to improve their aftercare at last.
I was sent a nice little Alfa post card confirming that my car was booked
for a service.
The gave me a litre of Magnatec oil with disposable gloves, hand cleaning
wipes and oil filler cardboard tubes ! ( I paid for the oil as part of the
service ! )
However it shows that Alfa are trying to improve, and get over these company
car drivers who will not buy a bit of oil between services to look after
there cars.
I also set my heart on a GT that was in the showroom. Now all I have to do
is get my partner to just walk past one day when shopping and get her to do
the same, but think its her idea to get one !

For info service come in at £450 , which included replacement of veriator
( under warranty except labour ), exhaust manifold bracket £75.00 and some
wiper blades. I don't know how that compare on price with other ?

Anyway car runs like a dream, well done Northgate at Canterbury for your
improvement.

Len

Mr Flipflops July 5th 04 01:38 PM

"Lenny" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I've just had my 156 Sportswagon 36K service carried out and it appears

that
> Alfa are really trying to improve their aftercare at last.
> I was sent a nice little Alfa post card confirming that my car was booked
> for a service.
> The gave me a litre of Magnatec oil with disposable gloves, hand cleaning
> wipes and oil filler cardboard tubes ! ( I paid for the oil as part of the
> service ! )
> However it shows that Alfa are trying to improve, and get over these

company
> car drivers who will not buy a bit of oil between services to look after
> there cars.
> I also set my heart on a GT that was in the showroom. Now all I have to do
> is get my partner to just walk past one day when shopping and get her to

do
> the same, but think its her idea to get one !
>
> For info service come in at £450 , which included replacement of veriator
> ( under warranty except labour ), exhaust manifold bracket £75.00 and some
> wiper blades. I don't know how that compare on price with other ?
>
> Anyway car runs like a dream, well done Northgate at Canterbury for your
> improvement.
>
> Len

Hey Len

Out of interest, what was the oil they gave you? They gave me Castrol
Performance for the V6, the specs of which I am not sure of (whether it's
semi-synth etc)...

Rgds

Stuart

Ross July 6th 04 11:25 AM

"Lenny" > wrote in message

> Anyway car runs like a dream, well done Northgate at Canterbury for your
> improvement.

Hi Len

I agree, Northgate seem to have improved a lot since the Fiat side moved to
a separate site. The Alfa side seems to have more fitters and be better
organised.

Regards
Ross
147 1.6 Lusso

Lenny July 7th 04 11:34 PM

The oil they gave was Magnatec 10 40w.

The latest thing is today I had a call from a customer service company
wanting to know my opinions on the service etc that I received to enable
Alfa to improve in the future !

Len