AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Bah. selling cars. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13314)

Chris Perdue October 14th 04 10:48 AM

>From: Jan bugfuel

>I feel weird.

you are wierd....<G>
-------------------
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004

Jan October 14th 04 11:20 AM

Bah. selling cars.

I just put 5 of my 7 cars up for sale.

(My dear Frannie the 67 bug, and the 66 bus, and 3 old Mazdas )

I feel weird.

Jan

Bill Berckman October 14th 04 02:36 PM

Jan wrote:

>I just put 5 of my 7 cars up for sale.
>
>(My dear Frannie the 67 bug, and the 66 bus, and 3 old Mazdas )
>

>I feel weird.
>
>Jan

Hey Jan:

Sorry that you have to part with your beloved vehicles. You should keep
Frannie and bring her with you to Florida when you move afther you get married.

Bill Berckman
67 Beetle

Kidd Andersson October 14th 04 03:56 PM

>Sorry that you have to part with your beloved vehicles. You should keep
>Frannie and bring her with you to Florida when you move afther you get
>married.

We discussed that... however in the tradition of who's boss in our family, the
VW he's keeping is my '68 vert (yes I said MY). :D Woohoo! It's good to be
Queen.

K.
What's the difference between a northern fairytale and a southern fairytale? A
northern fairytale starts out "Once upon a time..." A southern fairytale starts
with "Ya'll ain't gonna believe this ****..."

Kaferdave October 14th 04 11:50 PM

I understand the feeling, Jan. I just sold two of mine today, with the rest to
follow.

RSMEINER October 15th 04 02:16 AM

>I understand the feeling, Jan. I just sold two of mine today, with the rest
>follow.

What ?

Randy
http://members.aol.com/rsmeiner

ThaDriver October 15th 04 03:23 AM

>I just put 5 of my 7 cars up for sale.
(My dear Frannie the 67 bug, and the 66 bus, and 3 old Mazdas )
I feel weird.
Jan
********
I know the feeling. I'm trying (sorta - I really need the money) to sell
my Cabriolet (the blue car http://AngelOnEarth.net/Cabrio/Cabrio.html ), &
the only thing that allows me to do that is thinking about how much fun the
V8 Cabriolet is going to be. :-)
I don't think I could ever sell Annie (the Yellow baja), & I would want
waaaaay too much for the blue baja for anyone to ever buy it.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Neil October 15th 04 03:36 PM

When do you start you new job at Super Import Tuner magazine?

Neil

Kaferdave October 15th 04 06:05 PM

I understand the feeling, Jan. I just sold two of mine today, with the rest
>follow.

What ?
Randy

I sold my "rat rod" and my Single Cab, and the rest (21 window and 2nd owner
77,000 mile '55 3-fold sunroof) are going to follow. I may be keeping one; it
depends. I am going to be asking an insane price for the "Silver Bullet" Oval
sunroof ($20k), but, if someone is crazy enough to give me that much, I'll be
smart enough to take it 8=) Otherwise, it will be going with me. Randy,
according to Mapquest, I will be 858 miles closer to you 8=)

RSMEINER October 15th 04 06:17 PM

>I sold my "rat rod" and my Single Cab, and the rest (21 window and 2nd owner
>77,000 mile '55 3-fold sunroof) are going to follow. I may be keeping one; it
>depends. I am going to be asking an insane price for the "Silver Bullet" Oval
>sunroof ($20k), but, if someone is crazy enough to give me that much, I'll be
>smart enough to take it 8=) Otherwise, it will be going with me. Randy,
>according to Mapquest, I will be 858 miles closer to you 8=)

Where you moving to ?
You might be surprised at that 20K price.
I had someone offer me that for the 67 bug about 5 years ago
but we (my wife) decided we should keep it for sentimental reasons.