AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   bmw e30 lacks power (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=446392)

[email protected] October 22nd 20 04:15 AM

bmw e30 lacks power

i launched it at a light and now it lacks power and acceleration also sounds like the engine is louder and has a whining sound. any suggestions on what could be the problem would be appreciated.

Scott Dorsey October 22nd 20 12:56 PM

bmw e30 lacks power

In article >,
> wrote:
>i launched it at a light and now it lacks power and acceleration also sounds like the engine is louder and has a whining sound. any suggestions on what could be the problem would be appreciated.

It could be anything with that description, but the first thing I'd do given
the sound change would be to make a careful inspection of the exhaust system
including the exhaust manifold.

But a damaged timing chain would meet that description too, it would just
be a totally different sound.
--scott