AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ya ready for diesel yet? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=42674)

Bret Ludwig September 6th 05 02:09 AM

Ya ready for diesel yet?

It's a matter of time now! Aside from a few stubborn goofs like =DFill,
y'all are going to start thinking diesel pretty soon. Of course when
the craze starts, the price of suitable engines is going to
skyrocket...too bad I have a few in my garage, isn't it?

twaldron September 6th 05 02:45 AM

Bret Ludwig wrote:

> It's a matter of time now! Aside from a few stubborn goofs like ßill,
> y'all are going to start thinking diesel pretty soon. Of course when
> the craze starts, the price of suitable engines is going to
> skyrocket...too bad I have a few in my garage, isn't it?

Every time gas prices skyrocket, people start smoking the diesel pipe.
Too bad it's not a real solution.

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)

Bret Ludwig September 6th 05 02:58 AM

twaldron wrote:
> Bret Ludwig wrote:
>
> > It's a matter of time now! Aside from a few stubborn goofs like =DFill,
> > y'all are going to start thinking diesel pretty soon. Of course when
> > the craze starts, the price of suitable engines is going to
> > skyrocket...too bad I have a few in my garage, isn't it?
> >

> Every time gas prices skyrocket, people start smoking the diesel pipe.
> Too bad it's not a real solution.

It works pretty well for me. 30% better mileage on 15% cheaper fuel
(as of right now) with torque out the butt and no electronics....yeah,
total horsepower is lower, but I'm not drag racing a 4WD.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III September 6th 05 03:00 AM

Bret, where have you been?????? You idiots have driven the poor
independent trucker out of business, by taking his supply, which of
course drives demand and increased prices:
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/wohdp/diesel.asp Here in Kalifornia
diesel is now more expensive than gasoline!
And wait for the refineries have to divert that gravity over to
heating oil:
http://www.energyinst.org.uk/educati...as/chemist.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III September 6th 05 03:55 AM

I will have to call you a liar. Gasoline is the cheapest most
powerful energy we may use in a car. Just look how you had to increase
the size of your jets.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

bllsht September 6th 05 04:50 AM

"If" the diesel craze ever did take of, you'd be crying the blues as prices rose
with demand.

And you'd still have to live with the smell. LOL

DougW September 6th 05 04:58 AM

bllsht did pass the time by typing:
> "If" the diesel craze ever did take of, you'd be crying the blues as prices
> rose with demand.
>
> And you'd still have to live with the smell. LOL

Like most of Europe where diesel is the #1 type of fuel sold?

hint, it's not that bad >if< properly refined. OF course
they do pay out the ass for it.

--
DOugW

Paul Calman September 6th 05 05:15 AM

>Here in Kalifornia
> diesel is now more expensive than gasoline!

Yup, $3.50 a gallon for diesel here, but at 50 mpg my vw is still cheaper
than burning regular in my trucks or my bikes.

--
Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III September 6th 05 05:19 AM

Look how dirty their homes are, then try to tell me it's cleaner.
http://www.contactpakistan.com/Commu.../article22.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III September 6th 05 05:29 AM

It ain't winter yet.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/