AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   5.9 Hi-Po Intake Manifold (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=55604)

RCSnyder January 31st 06 02:35 AM

5.9 Hi-Po Intake Manifold

I'm remembring a road test of a Mopar Parts high performance intake manifold
for the 5.9 Magnum engine but can't seem to recall where it was.

The test installed the intake in a GC 5.9 and became a tire smoker as a
result.

Anyone recall the article and, more important, the part number?

Thanks in advance.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III January 31st 06 08:21 PM

5.9 Hi-Po Intake Manifold

Manifolds are designed to make a carburetor come alive:
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...sler.html#7577 Your Grand
Cherokee should have electronic fuel injection, so you need to buy or
reprogram the chip in your computer:
http://www.autoanything.com/shopping...dodge_jet_chip
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

DougW January 31st 06 11:10 PM

5.9 Hi-Po Intake Manifold

RCSnyder did pass the time by typing:
> I'm remembring a road test of a Mopar Parts high performance intake manifold
> for the 5.9 Magnum engine but can't seem to recall where it was.
>
> The test installed the intake in a GC 5.9 and became a tire smoker as a
> result.
>
> Anyone recall the article and, more important, the part number?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Like this?
http://buymopar.com/store/magnum.html
half way down or there abouts. But it's not for your application.

I'd write them and ask, if it's a Mopar HighPerformance part they would know.

--
DougW

Fred V. February 2nd 06 01:35 AM

5.9 Hi-Po Intake Manifold

I wonder if this engine you mention is similar to the 5.9 that was in the
old Grand Wagoneer?
Fred

philthy February 2nd 06 02:48 AM

5.9 Hi-Po Intake Manifold

the part number i do not know but the intake is known as the mi intake and it's
recommended to have a new thottle body 65mm i believe and headers to make the
intake flow right

RCSnyder February 2nd 06 03:28 AM

5.9 Hi-Po Intake Manifold

No relationship whatsoever. The old 360 is the AMC engine while this 5.9 is
pure Mopar.

om...

Gazoo February 2nd 06 04:01 AM

5.9 Hi-Po Intake Manifold

"RCSnyder" > wrote in message
> No relationship whatsoever. The old 360 is the AMC engine while this 5.9
> is pure Mopar.

and the difference is?

philthy February 2nd 06 11:03 PM

5.9 Hi-Po Intake Manifold

everything

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III February 2nd 06 11:30 PM

5.9 Hi-Po Intake Manifold

You're probably thinking because Daimler used the Nash six that
they used their V8 too. NOPE! Pictured at:
http://www.billhughes.com/temp/mopar59AMC360.jpg AMC has distributor at
front.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Fred V. February 3rd 06 12:28 AM