AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   2004 Coupe vs 2002 Z06 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=22692)

Hitman1 January 30th 05 01:20 AM

2004 Coupe vs 2002 Z06

I need some opinions here on a tough decision I'm facing. I'm planning
to buy a corvette and I narrowed down my choice to these two:

2002 Z06 15,000 miles $31,000
or
2004 Coupe 1,700 miles $36,000

Which one would you get? and why?

Bob G. January 30th 05 02:09 AM

On 29 Jan 2005 17:20:25 -0800, "Hitman1" >
wrote:

>I need some opinions here on a tough decision I'm facing. I'm planning
>to buy a corvette and I narrowed down my choice to these two:
>
>2002 Z06 15,000 miles $31,000
>or
>2004 Coupe 1,700 miles $36,000
>
>Which one would you get? and why?

First of all I am somewhat cheap...
Plus I like to go fast
AND I do not like Coupes...

All things being equal (read I have no use for an automatic tranny)
and the ZO6 was not black... I personally would purchase the ZO6
not because of the difference in price but a 15,000 miles on a 4 year
old car is absolutely nothing...and indicates to me it was used about
like all of my Corvettes are....(for fun, in good weather, and then
put away in the garage...)

Just my opinion ...
Bob Griffiths
68 SS 396 Chevelle....64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes

BenF802961 January 30th 05 04:14 AM

>From: "Hitman1"
>Date: 1/29/05 7:20 PM Central

>2002 Z06 15,000 miles $31,000
>or
>2004 Coupe 1,700 miles $36,000
>
>Which one would you get? and why?

I always heard the rule of thumb is buy the newest model you can afford.

Bob G. January 30th 05 02:15 PM

On 30 Jan 2005 04:14:53 GMT, (BenF802961) wrote:

>>From: "Hitman1"

>>Date: 1/29/05 7:20 PM Central

>>2002 Z06 15,000 miles $31,000
>>or
>>2004 Coupe 1,700 miles $36,000
>>
>>Which one would you get? and why?

>I always heard the rule of thumb is buy the newest model you can afford.

===================
That is the General RULE..... and I usually agree with it...

"MY" Choice of the Z06 is ONLY because it is THE high Preformance
Corvette...equipted with the "stuff" I like..

I have no idea if the 04 is a 6 speed or not and honestly I do not
like the large rear glass in the Coupe..

Personally I would be extremely happy with a 1999 or 2000 FRC because
it has "most" of the stuff I want and does not have the large rear
glass..

Now throw a Ragtop into the mix and I would have to toss and turn all
night...

Bob Griffiths

ROBERT S AMP BA Drake February 1st 05 08:09 PM

I thin I would opt for a 2002 convertible - about the same price