AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2002 Saturn Vue 3.0L (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=39227)

BAO123 July 27th 05 02:48 AM

2002 Saturn Vue 3.0L

I am having trouble with oil getting into the coolant system. Is there any
way this can happen other than through the head gasket?

Bryan July 27th 05 02:52 AM

"BAO123" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
>I am having trouble with oil getting into the coolant system. Is there any
> way this can happen other than through the head gasket?

Are you sure it is oil? Otherwise sounds bad.

Bryan

BAO123 July 27th 05 03:04 AM

Yes, for a fact. There is nothing but oil, not even water. Water is
completely gone and it's full of oil. Alldata says that Saturn is having
problems with sealer on the oil cooler but doesn't give any reason why oil
is getting in and doesnt given any other explanation. I can't find any
other information about this problem. This car only has 65,000 miles.
Car runs great; doesn't skip but overheats because only has oil in coolant
system.

Bryan July 27th 05 03:49 AM

"BAO123" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Yes, for a fact. There is nothing but oil, not even water. Water is
> completely gone and it's full of oil. Alldata says that Saturn is having
> problems with sealer on the oil cooler but doesn't give any reason why oil
> is getting in and doesnt given any other explanation. I can't find any
> other information about this problem. This car only has 65,000 miles.
> Car runs great; doesn't skip but overheats because only has oil in coolant
> system.

That is the GM v6? I am not an expert, I've seen gas in the oil of old VWs,
but this sounds bad.

Good luck.

Bryan