glass.. it dries white, and is annoying as hell. I tried wiping, and i tried
water, it looks like it comes off, but shows up again... what gets this off?
dawn? somethin else?

Brent P April 25th 05 02:10 AM

In article >, japhar81 wrote:

> After waxing (mother's) my paint, some got on the plastic trim around the
> glass.. it dries white, and is annoying as hell. I tried wiping, and i tried
> water, it looks like it comes off, but shows up again... what gets this off?
> dawn? somethin else?

It will eventually go away on it's own. I've gotten wax on exterior
plastic before and not worried about it. But dishwashing soap should get
it off.

April 25th 05 07:59 AM

Yep, Dawn liquid dish soap gets it off. Been there, done that ;).

-Mike

--
Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!
http://www.MeltAwayCellulite.com/

Stephan Rose April 26th 05 01:02 AM

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:15:44 -0400, <japhar81> wrote:

>So, I feel really dumb asking, but the 05 is giving me grief with this, and
>ive never had to deal with it before...
>
>After waxing (mother's) my paint, some got on the plastic trim around the
>glass.. it dries white, and is annoying as hell. I tried wiping, and i tried
>water, it looks like it comes off, but shows up again... what gets this off?
>dawn? somethin else?

There's also this stuff called Back to Black....most auto parts stores
carry it...for precisely this purpose =)

--
Stephan
2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

April 26th 05 01:25 AM

"Stephan Rose" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:15:44 -0400, <japhar81> wrote:
>
>>So, I feel really dumb asking, but the 05 is giving me grief with this,
>>and
>>ive never had to deal with it before...
>>
>>After waxing (mother's) my paint, some got on the plastic trim around the
>>glass.. it dries white, and is annoying as hell. I tried wiping, and i
>>tried
>>water, it looks like it comes off, but shows up again... what gets this
>>off?
>>dawn? somethin else?
>>

> There's also this stuff called Back to Black....most auto parts stores
> carry it...for precisely this purpose =)
>

> --
> Stephan
> 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

I thought that stuff ate into plastic and rubber??

April 26th 05 01:36 AM

No way that stuff is great! But it's an 05 no? Just get some Dawn dish soap
& get it off. No need to spend $5 for the Mothers Back to Black. (I think
mothers, no?)

-Mike

--

<japhar81> wrote in message ...

> "Stephan Rose" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:15:44 -0400, <japhar81> wrote:
> >
> >>So, I feel really dumb asking, but the 05 is giving me grief with this,
> >>and
> >>ive never had to deal with it before...
> >>
> >>After waxing (mother's) my paint, some got on the plastic trim around

the
> >>glass.. it dries white, and is annoying as hell. I tried wiping, and i
> >>tried
> >>water, it looks like it comes off, but shows up again... what gets this
> >>off?
> >>dawn? somethin else?
> >>

> > There's also this stuff called Back to Black....most auto parts stores
> > carry it...for precisely this purpose =)
> >

> > --
> > Stephan
> > 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

> I thought that stuff ate into plastic and rubber??

April 26th 05 01:58 AM

just gotta figure out how to do it without taking the wax off:)

> wrote in message
. ..
> No way that stuff is great! But it's an 05 no? Just get some Dawn dish
> soap
> & get it off. No need to spend $5 for the Mothers Back to Black. (I think
> mothers, no?)
>
> -Mike
>
> --
> Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!
> http://www.MeltAwayCellulite.com/
>

> <japhar81> wrote in message ...
>>
>> "Stephan Rose" > wrote in
>> message

> the
>> >>

>> > There's also this stuff called Back to Black....most auto parts stores
>> > carry it...for precisely this purpose =)
>> >

>> > --
>> > Stephan
>> > 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

>> I thought that stuff ate into plastic and rubber??

April 26th 05 02:22 AM

Just get a little on a dish rag & wipe it off until it's all off. lol... not
hard to re-apply wax anyway if you happen to get a little on the wax.

-Mike

japhar81 April 26th 05 01:57 PM

Yeah, I know, just gotta learn to be a little more careful... that whole
coordination thing.

> wrote in message
. ..
> Just get a little on a dish rag & wipe it off until it's all off. lol...
> not
> hard to re-apply wax anyway if you happen to get a little on the wax.
>
> -Mike
>
> --
> Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!
> http://www.MeltAwayCellulite.com/
>

> <japhar81> wrote in message ...
>> just gotta figure out how to do it without taking the wax off:)
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> . ..
>> > No way that stuff is great! But it's an 05 no? Just get some Dawn dish
>> > soap
>> > & get it off. No need to spend $5 for the Mothers Back to Black. (I

> think
>> > mothers, no?)
>> >
>> > -Mike
>> >
>> > --
>> > Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!
>> > http://www.MeltAwayCellulite.com/

> this,

>> > the

> this

> stores

April 26th 05 09:12 PM

LOL!! Ya man.. I still do it ;). But I just get out the dawn & zap it.

-Mike