AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2000 neon trunk won't unlock (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=440597)

Mongey June 10th 18 04:18 AM

2000 neon trunk won't unlock

The key to my 2000 Neon turns way past the unlock point but it won't unlock
the trunk. I have to trunk release inside the car. What must I do?

--
for full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler...ock-72325-.htm

James Rau[_2_] June 10th 18 04:25 PM

2000 neon trunk won't unlock

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 03:18:02 GMT, Mongey
> wrote:

>The key to my 2000 Neon turns way past the unlock point but it won't unlock
>the trunk. I have to trunk release inside the car. What must I do?

Is your Neon equipped with some kind of anti-theft system? It almost
sounds as if the anti-theft system is disengaging the trunk lock from
the latch, and can only be overridden by your using the trunk release
that is inside the cabin.

James Rau