AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Who Needs a Lightning? Buy a Sport Trac! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=27671)

[email protected] March 21st 05 05:39 PM

Who Needs a Lightning? Buy a Sport Trac!

Ford news. And check out the link at the bottom to take a look at one
mean Sport Trac!

Ford's headliner in New York is a high-performance version of the
Mustang. Engineered by Ford's Special Vehicle Team, the next-generation
Mustang Cobra is expected to go on sale in 2006. In a nod to
high-performance Mustangs of the 1960s, the 2007 model will carry the
Shelby name. Ford also will display the Sport Trac Adrenalin concept in
New York. Powered by a 390-hp, supercharged 4.6-liter V-8, it teases at
a performance version that could be coming for Ford's next-generation
Sport Trac. Ford has confirmed that the redesigned Sport Trac - slated
to go on sale in 2006 after moving to an updated Ford Explorer platform
- will get a V-8 engine.

Here's the link.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102004

Patrick
'93 Cobra

[email protected] March 21st 05 08:29 PM

Here's a little more info and another pic.

http://www.blueovalnews.com/2005/pro...n.overview.htm

Patrick
'93 Cobra

wrote:
> Ford news. And check out the link at the bottom to take a look at

one
> mean Sport Trac!
>
> Ford's headliner in New York is a high-performance version of the
> Mustang. Engineered by Ford's Special Vehicle Team, the

next-generation
> Mustang Cobra is expected to go on sale in 2006. In a nod to
> high-performance Mustangs of the 1960s, the 2007 model will carry the
> Shelby name. Ford also will display the Sport Trac Adrenalin concept

in
> New York. Powered by a 390-hp, supercharged 4.6-liter V-8, it teases

at
> a performance version that could be coming for Ford's next-generation
> Sport Trac. Ford has confirmed that the redesigned Sport Trac -

slated
> to go on sale in 2006 after moving to an updated Ford Explorer

platform
> - will get a V-8 engine.
>
> Here's the link.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102004

> Patrick
> '93 Cobra

March 21st 05 09:16 PM

That is hideous..

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

oups.com...

[email protected] March 22nd 05 01:12 AM

wrote:

> That is hideous..

Mike,

I don't know... at first glance it looks kinda neat looking. And then
when you find out there's a 390-horse motor under the hood, it looks
damn good!

Erik D. March 22nd 05 04:25 AM

I must say, I kinda like it! Can't wait to see one in person, if it
ever exists.
Erik D.
'94 white lightning
'01 white GT

351CJ March 22nd 05 09:55 PM

Joe wrote:
> ZombyWoof > wrote in
> :
>

>>On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:49:34 GMT, Joe >

> wrote
>
>>something wonderfully witty:

wrote in news:1111453952.628534.292830
:

wrote:

>>>then

> looks

>>>Yeah, but it's got 4 doors.
>>>
>>>Heh.
>>>

>>But none of them have handles on them. Look at the pics again

> close.
>
> The handles are an extra-cost option.
>
> Joe
> Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
> Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

Actually the lack of handles are the extra-cost option....

Mark C. March 24th 05 05:52 PM

I like it.

--
Mark