AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Reversing onto ramps?/ (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=60531)

[email protected] March 26th 06 11:37 PM

Reversing onto ramps?/

I need to do some exaust work and want to know is it ok to back my car
up onto ramps so i can get more clearance to work on the exaust? Or is
it a bad/impossible idea?

Mike Romain March 26th 06 11:57 PM

Reversing onto ramps?/

As long as you aim straight it works fine....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Nate Nagel March 27th 06 12:43 AM

Reversing onto ramps?/

wrote:
> I need to do some exaust work and want to know is it ok to back my car
> up onto ramps so i can get more clearance to work on the exaust? Or is
> it a bad/impossible idea?

If you have a live rear axle you will get better results by jacking the
rear of the car up and putting your jackstands under the frame, and
letting the rear axle hang

good luck

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Hugo Schmeisser March 28th 06 04:19 PM

Reversing onto ramps?/

wrote:

> I need to do some exaust work and want to know is it ok to back my car
> up onto ramps so i can get more clearance to work on the exaust? Or is
> it a bad/impossible idea?

With many modern cars, reversing onto ramps is easier than going on
forwards. The rear doesn't have that low-hanging spoiler to spoil your
day.