AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Any 300K miles engine around? Need real data... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=440819)

[email protected] August 7th 18 06:16 AM

Any 300K miles engine around? Need real data...

I have an 07 Civic SI with 263 K miles and I have never done any engine work. I run a home-brewed synthetic blend 3syn:2conv and change my oil every 10,000 miles and my WIX filter every 20. The only work it's needed is a replaced starter replaced serpentine belt and two idler pulleys besides 2 clutches and tires. Nope I've never done a valve adjustment still starts idles drives strong no ticks but knock on wood I think I better soon. I run techron fuel cleaner about every 10K and add 4 oz. of Lucas syn oil stabilizer every change. K20Z3 is a 300K engine if you leave it stock at 200 HP.

[email protected] August 7th 18 06:23 AM

Any 300K miles engine around? Need real data...

OMG this post is from 1998 I had no idea!