AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2002 XLT No transmission Dip Stick. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=411074)

[email protected] February 2nd 15 10:14 PM

2002 XLT No transmission Dip Stick.

I just had my 2002 Ford explore to the shop. A nut on the bottom of the transmission that you have to take out has a dipstick attached. If there is fluid on the top it is fine. If no fluid on dipstick then you need an adapter to add fluid which only Ford or a shop that does transmissions has.

Ashton Crusher[_2_] February 5th 15 07:54 PM

2002 XLT No transmission Dip Stick.

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 14:14:20 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

>I just had my 2002 Ford explore to the shop. A nut on the bottom of the transmission that you have to take out has a dipstick attached. If there is fluid on the top it is fine. If no fluid on dipstick then you need an adapter to add fluid which only Ford or a shop that does transmissions has.

That's correct.