AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Correct fluids for 2004 Passat (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=14038)

Juey Ong September 19th 04 10:58 PM

Correct fluids for 2004 Passat

In article > ,
(David Harper) wrote:

> Are you sure that does not say "91 RON" if it does then regular is
> fine. if it is a 1.8T i was not aware that they required 91 octane
> fuel.

The 1.8T uses 91 octane AKI. I've occassionally used 89 with no obvious
performance hit and the manual doesn't say you can't, although they
don't recommend it.

I've once thought of filling half a tank with 93 and the remaining half
with 89 before to average it out. But I thought it was too much trouble.