AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   BioDiesel question - Toronto area (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=14133)

Amit Joneja October 4th 04 09:30 PM

BioDiesel question - Toronto area

Hi:

Has anyone tried the BioDiesel from the Utopia retail location in Unionville
(Hwy 7 and Kennedy Rd., Greater Toronto Area)? Does this diesel variety gel
in low temperatures? Or is it ok if a diesel fuel conditioner like Stanadyne
is added to it to prevent gelling? Should I use just regular diesel in
winters?

I have a 1992 Jetta TD and currently I use regular diesel (Esso) with a
diesel fuel conditioner (Stanadyne).

Thanks in advance,

Amit.

Jo Bo October 5th 04 11:16 AM

Try asking he http://www.tdiclub.com/

JoBo

Bob Peters October 7th 04 01:25 AM

My Understanding is.... Bio Diesel is better for emissions, IT will
supposedly work well in the TDI.
I sqw a TV show on it not long ago,Apparently in Europe they have Bio as a
mainstay..Its just new tech here. And they say the only drawback to Bio
Diesel is your car exhaust is going to smell like PopCorn......
Bob
--
Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of A New Day
Jethro Tull

Rob Guenther October 7th 04 08:08 PM

So everyone behind you will suddenly get very hungry from the smell?...
Maybe I should hook up a hotdog cart on a trailer hitch, drive around for a
bit on bio diesel, then just stop, set up shop and cure the hunger I cause
everyone....

[email protected] October 8th 04 03:16 PM

http://www.dancingrabbit.org/biodiesel/flrecipe.html
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_supply.html
http://www.biodiesel.org/