AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Blinking light on dash (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=36140)

Davenandee June 21st 05 11:06 PM

Blinking light on dash

On occasion when I start my Explorer, the air bag blinks 3 times, pauses
and then blinks 7 times. This is repeated a few times and then the light
stays on. Sometimes is does the self check and goes off.

Any ideas what gives?

Dave
--
Diving is life! The rest is just details.
W.W.W.I.

Big Shoe June 22nd 05 01:38 PM

Best not to fool with air bags, trying to repair them could be
dangerous if they decide to go off. Best take it to a qualified (read
Ford dealer) technician and get them repaired so they work if you need
them.