AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=439982)

Peeler February 23rd 18 10:14 AM

lowbrowman, Birdbrain's senile whore!

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 22:35:06 -0700, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

>> Lower air fare?
>>

> What was the name of that British king who invited Hengist and Horsa
> over to solve a few problems? Britain has taken over 70 years to lose
> WWII. That's got to be a record.

What's the name of the senile Yank who keeps sucking the filthy Scottish
******'s cock on every occasion, lowbrowman? At least the Scottish sow no
longer needs to wank, thanks to you! <BG>

alan_m February 23rd 18 01:36 PM

Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> Still going to need controls on who can and cannot come into the country.
> If you're going to stop itinerate EU fruit pickers who don't come to
> settle here either. Just to do a job of work.

I'm not sure that non-UK itinerate EU fruit pickers assemble cars!

Leaving the EU will not stop EU fruit pickers coming to work - just that
they will probably need a work permit, have proof that the job exists,
have no automatic rights to (unemployment or in-work) benefits nor a
right to long term residency. In the case of fruit pickers .We will
probably just go back to the system similar to that which worked prior
to the EU concept of freedom of movement.

> I really can't see how you can have tight control over boarders while
> still making it easy for a foreign national to enter the country quickly -
> as would be needed in this case.

The same way as UK companies can send someone to the USA or Australia
for similar. The company supplying the robots will have a service
contract with service people available with the appropriate paper work
already in place.

alan_m February 23rd 18 01:50 PM

On 23/02/2018 05:35, rbowman wrote:

> What was the name of that British king who invited Hengist and Horsa
> over to solve a few problems? Britain has taken over 70 years to lose
> WWII. That's got to be a record.

It took the UK until 2006 to pay back the loans made by USA and Canada
during WW2.

Fredxx February 23rd 18 02:08 PM

Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> In article >,
> James Wilkinson Sword > wrote:

>>> You need a smaller but very skilled workforce to maintain and repair the
>>> robots.

>> That's the UK out then.

> Not a problem. Once out of the EU, you just issue work permits to the
> Germans needed. When a robot breaks down, shouldn't take more than a
> couple of months to get the paperwork needed, and a few days to get
> through the border checks.

Only a loser Remoaner could bring up Brexit in a thread like this.

If you know as much about Brexit as you do Newtonian Mechanics.....

rbowman February 23rd 18 02:58 PM

On 02/23/2018 06:50 AM, alan_m wrote:
> On 23/02/2018 05:35, rbowman wrote:
>
>> What was the name of that British king who invited Hengist and Horsa
>> over to solve a few problems? Britain has taken over 70 years to lose
>> WWII. That's got to be a record.

> It took the UK until 2006 to pay back the loans made by USA and Canada
> during WW2.

When Britain tried to weasel out of WWI debt, Calvin Coolidge famously
said 'They hired the money, didn't they?'

https://winstonchurchill.hillsdale.e...lvin-coolidge/

Coolidge saw through that blustering windbag Churchill. Churchill should
have retired to a farm and raised collies after his WWI disgrace rather
than fomenting another war trying to prove a hero. He was as wrong
headed as G.W. Bush trying to show pops how it is done.

Dave Plowman (News) February 23rd 18 03:37 PM

Fredxx > wrote:
> > Not a problem. Once out of the EU, you just issue work permits to the
> > Germans needed. When a robot breaks down, shouldn't take more than a
> > couple of months to get the paperwork needed, and a few days to get
> > through the border checks.

> Only a loser Remoaner could bring up Brexit in a thread like this.

Very valid when considering the manufacturing future of the UK. Not that
I'd expect you to care much about that.

> If you know as much about Brexit as you do Newtonian Mechanics.....

You really are a poor loser.

--
*Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

alan_m February 23rd 18 04:55 PM

Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> Very valid when considering the manufacturing future of the UK. Not that
> I'd expect you to care much about that.

Whilst in the EEC/EU for 40 years many UK companies out-sourced their
manufacturing to the far east! The EU has done bugger all for a lot of
the UK manufacturing industries so would have been unlikely to have done
so in the future.

Dave Plowman (News) February 23rd 18 11:52 PM

alan_m > wrote:
> On 23/02/2018 15:37, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> > Very valid when considering the manufacturing future of the UK. Not that
> > I'd expect you to care much about that.

> Whilst in the EEC/EU for 40 years many UK companies out-sourced their
> manufacturing to the far east! The EU has done bugger all for a lot of
> the UK manufacturing industries so would have been unlikely to have done
> so in the future.

Not quite sure the point you're making? Are those UK companies like Dyson
going to bring back manufacturing to the UK after we leave the EU? Or will
it simply speed up even more leaving? Like Nissan, BMW, Jaguar, etc?

--
*Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

alan_m February 24th 18 10:31 AM

Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> In article >,
> alan_m > wrote:
>> On 23/02/2018 15:37, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

>>> Very valid when considering the manufacturing future of the UK. Not that
>>> I'd expect you to care much about that.

>> Whilst in the EEC/EU for 40 years many UK companies out-sourced their
>> manufacturing to the far east! The EU has done bugger all for a lot of
>> the UK manufacturing industries so would have been unlikely to have done
>> so in the future.

> Not quite sure the point you're making? Are those UK companies like Dyson
> going to bring back manufacturing to the UK after we leave the EU? Or will
> it simply speed up even more leaving? Like Nissan, BMW, Jaguar, etc?

The point I'm making it is not as clear cut as in or out of the EU.

Many companies, both in the UK and other EU countries who sell us goods
that the majority of us can afford currently have outsourced their
manufacturing to the far east or countries outside of the EU. They are
not operating within the the single market for manufacturing but find
easy to bring the goods into the EU through all the red tape,
bureaucracy and tariffs the doom and gloom merchants would have us
believe would stop all future trade with the EU - or even the rest of
the world if no free trade deals exist.

If you are that worried about protecting British car working jobs buy a
car assembled in the UK rather than a foreign built car. If all those
advocating remaining in the EU did so then the production at UK car
plants wouldn't need exports of cars in order to survive and imports of
completed cars would reduce - a win, win situation.

Dave Plowman (News) February 24th 18 12:01 PM

alan_m > wrote:
> If you are that worried about protecting British car working jobs buy a
> car assembled in the UK rather than a foreign built car. If all those
> advocating remaining in the EU did so then the production at UK car
> plants wouldn't need exports of cars in order to survive and imports of
> completed cars would reduce - a win, win situation.

You are suggesting fortress UK? How do we get the energy and food needed
in? Let alone everything else we don't make.

Brexiteers saying we can do well setting up new deals with the rest of the
world outside the EU just so much hogwash?

--
*A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

Chris[_34_] February 24th 18 01:10 PM

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 20:26:41 +0000, MrCheerful wrote:

> On 18/02/2018 19:46, BurfordTJustice wrote:
>> No need to with those little **** ant things you blokes call cars.
>>

> That must be why merkins are so keen to own English cars.

Last time I was in the States, over a dozen years ago even, I was *so*
disappointed not to see any of the great classic gas-guzzlers on the
roads. Everyone seemed to be driving small Jap cars and it's probably
even worse today with these stupid little Prius things that douchebags
like Brian Griffin drives.

alan_m February 24th 18 01:20 PM

Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> How do we get the energy and food needed
> in? Let alone everything else we don't make.

Exactly in the same way as we do now. Do you really believe French,
Dutch and Spanish farmers etc. are not going sell us their tasteless
fruit and vegetables. Do you think we will be unable to buy gas from
Russia or washing machines from Turkey or TVs from Korea when we leave
the EU? Do you think that all that food you currently see in every
supermarket from 101 different countries outside the EU is suddenly
going to rot waiting for months in a customs sheds?

Scott Dorsey February 24th 18 01:20 PM

alan_m > wrote:
> If you are that worried about protecting British car working jobs buy a
> car assembled in the UK rather than a foreign built car. If all those
> advocating remaining in the EU did so then the production at UK car
> plants wouldn't need exports of cars in order to survive and imports of
> completed cars would reduce - a win, win situation.

I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan I'd be driving one today.
--scott

Dave Plowman (News) February 24th 18 01:51 PM

alan_m > wrote:
> On 24/02/2018 12:01, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> > How do we get the energy and food needed
> > in? Let alone everything else we don't make.

> Exactly in the same way as we do now. Do you really believe French,
> Dutch and Spanish farmers etc. are not going sell us their tasteless
> fruit and vegetables. Do you think we will be unable to buy gas from
> Russia or washing machines from Turkey or TVs from Korea when we leave
> the EU? Do you think that all that food you currently see in every
> supermarket from 101 different countries outside the EU is suddenly
> going to rot waiting for months in a customs sheds?

Ah - right. Of course we will be able to buy things from anywhere and with
some food cheaper than the EU.

What you haven't answered is just how we pay for these imports. Which is
the $64k question.

At the moment the majority of the UK's income is from financial etc
services. Not selling Jaguars or whatever. Many such financial operations
base themselves here because of access to the EU. And are high wage
operations. With many nationalities working in them. Several very
attractive places to live in Europe would just love to have them re-locate
there.

--
*I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Dave Plowman (News) February 24th 18 01:53 PM

Scott Dorsey > wrote:
> alan_m > wrote:
> > If you are that worried about protecting British car working jobs buy
> > a car assembled in the UK rather than a foreign built car. If all
> > those advocating remaining in the EU did so then the production at UK
> > car plants wouldn't need exports of cars in order to survive and
> > imports of completed cars would reduce - a win, win situation.

> I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan I'd be driving one today.
> --scott

Hi Scott - good to see you're still around. ;-)

--
*I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

alan_m February 24th 18 03:01 PM

Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> In article >,
> alan_m > wrote:
>> On 24/02/2018 12:01, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
>>> How do we get the energy and food needed
>>> in? Let alone everything else we don't make.

>> Exactly in the same way as we do now. Do you really believe French,
>> Dutch and Spanish farmers etc. are not going sell us their tasteless
>> fruit and vegetables. Do you think we will be unable to buy gas from
>> Russia or washing machines from Turkey or TVs from Korea when we leave
>> the EU? Do you think that all that food you currently see in every
>> supermarket from 101 different countries outside the EU is suddenly
>> going to rot waiting for months in a customs sheds?

> Ah - right. Of course we will be able to buy things from anywhere and with
> some food cheaper than the EU.
>
> What you haven't answered is just how we pay for these imports. Which is
> the $64k question.
>
> At the moment the majority of the UK's income is from financial etc
> services. Not selling Jaguars or whatever. Many such financial operations
> base themselves here because of access to the EU. And are high wage
> operations. With many nationalities working in them. Several very
> attractive places to live in Europe would just love to have them re-locate
> there.

Do you mean the same financial services the cost of which to bail them
out will be paid for by your children's children?
Do you mean the same financial services that illegally fiddled the rates
so that mortgages in the UK were more expensive?
Do you mean the same financial services that have been fined billions by
the US, UK and European regulators?
Do you mean the same financial services that are so well run that a lack
of due diligence has resulted in foreign bank/investment acquisitions
making massive losses?
Do you mean that the same financial services that caused many viable
small UK companies to go to the wall so that they could be asset stripped?
Do you mean the same financial services that constructed worthless
investments that no insider trader would touch with a barge pole?
Do you mean that same financial services that have written off billions
for mis-selling PPI?
Do you mean the same financial services where loyalty to them is
rewarded with high charges than for disloyal or new customers?

Again not as simple as in or out of the EU......

Many of these companies are more likely to go to new York or the far
East rather than migrating to the rest of Europe.

The credibility of financial services in the Euro zone may take a big
hit if a few basket case EU countries start defaulting on their loans. A
lot of Euro zone financial problems have be swept under the carpet to
resurface in a few year's time.

In a few years time, or perhaps even today, with modern technology it
will not matter where in the world you sit to run a financial service.

RJH February 24th 18 07:30 PM

On 24/02/2018 15:01, alan_m wrote:
> On 24/02/2018 13:51, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Â*Â*Â* alan_m > wrote:

>>> Exactly in the same way as we do now. Do you really believe French,
>>> Dutch and Spanish farmers etc. are not going sell us their tasteless
>>> fruit and vegetables. Do you think we will be unable to buy gas from
>>> Russia or washing machines from Turkey or TVs from Korea when we leave
>>> the EU?Â* Do you think that all that food you currently see in every
>>> supermarket from 101 different countries outside the EU is suddenly
>>> going to rot waiting for months in a customs sheds?

>> Ah - right. Of course we will be able to buy things from anywhere and
>> with
>> some food cheaper than the EU.
>>
>> What you haven't answered is just how we pay for these imports. Which is
>> the $64k question.
>>
>> At the moment the majority of the UK's income is from financial etc
>> services. Not selling Jaguars or whatever. Many such financial operations
>> base themselves here because of access to the EU. And are high wage
>> operations. With many nationalities working in them.Â* Several very
>> attractive places to live in Europe would just love to have them
>> re-locate
>> there.
>>

> Do you mean the same financial services the cost of which to bail them
> out will be paid for by your children's children?
> Do you mean the same financial services that illegally fiddled the rates
> so that mortgages in the UK were more expensive?
> Do you mean the same financial services that have been fined billions by
> the US, UK and European regulators?
> Do you mean the same financial services that are so well run that a lack
> of due diligence has resulted in foreign bank/investment acquisitions
> making massive losses?
> Do you mean that the same financial services that caused many viable
> small UK companies to go to the wall so that they could be asset stripped?
> Do you mean the same financial services that constructed worthless
> investments that no insider trader would touch with a barge pole?
> Do you mean that same financial services that have written off billions
> for mis-selling PPI?
> Do you mean the same financial services where loyalty to them is
> rewarded with high charges than for disloyal or new customers?
>
> Again not as simple as in or out of the EU......

I think it more or less is - they'll still be getting up to that
shenanigans wherever they are.

> Many of these companies are more likely to go to new York or the far
> East rather than migrating to the rest of Europe.
>
> The credibility of financial services in the Euro zone may take a big
> hit if a few basket case EU countries start defaulting on their loans. A
> lot of Euro zone financial problems have be swept under the carpet to
> resurface in a few year's time.
>
> In a few years time, or perhaps even today, with modern technology it
> will not matter where in the world you sit to run a financial service.

Were it not for the fact that location is a source of inward investment
and of course jobs. While the UK financial services sector doesn't do
much in terms of productivity it directly employs about 10% of the
workforce - at least. That 10% is linked to jobs across sectors. Whether
I like the sector or not, that still has to be factored in.
--
Cheers, Rob

alan_m February 24th 18 08:19 PM

On 24/02/2018 19:30, RJH wrote:

> Were it not for the fact that location is a source of inward investment
> and of course jobs. While the UK financial services sector doesn't do
> much in terms of productivity it directly employs about 10% of the
> workforce - at least. That 10% is linked to jobs across sectors. Whether
> I like the sector or not, that still has to be factored in.

Is it sensible to rely on a sector that next year could be run from an
office building in India with an additional staffing level of perhaps
less than 100 people in each country they are servicing?

Currently more and more of us don't set foot in a UK bank branch or
haven't had need to contact an actual person for years for an Internet
bank account or investment. The number of people the financial services
employ in the UK is dwindling.

alan_m February 24th 18 08:58 PM

On 24/02/2018 13:20, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan

Isn't that just an up-market Reliant Robin with the third wheel fitted
at the wrong end?

rbowman February 24th 18 09:17 PM

On 02/24/2018 06:20 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> alan_m > wrote:
>> If you are that worried about protecting British car working jobs buy a
>> car assembled in the UK rather than a foreign built car. If all those
>> advocating remaining in the EU did so then the production at UK car
>> plants wouldn't need exports of cars in order to survive and imports of
>> completed cars would reduce - a win, win situation.

> I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan I'd be driving one today.
> --scott

I wouldn't mind one of the three wheeled varieties.

rbowman February 24th 18 09:19 PM

On 02/24/2018 06:51 AM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> At the moment the majority of the UK's income is from financial etc
> services. Not selling Jaguars or whatever. Many such financial operations
> base themselves here because of access to the EU. And are high wage
> operations. With many nationalities working in them. Several very
> attractive places to live in Europe would just love to have them re-locate
> there.

And they won't even have to go very far with the Republic of Ireland
staying in the EU. London or Dublin, doesn't make much difference.

Scott Dorsey February 24th 18 09:22 PM

alan_m > wrote:
>On 24/02/2018 13:20, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan

>Isn't that just an up-market Reliant Robin with the third wheel fitted
>at the wrong end?

They do still make the three-wheeler but I was thinking more of the
4/4, which is still made of wood but has four wheels and a real engine.
It is one of the most fun-to-drive cars made today. And less scary to
drive than the Ariel Atom.
--scott

AMuzi February 24th 18 09:37 PM

On 2/24/2018 2:58 PM, alan_m wrote:
> On 24/02/2018 13:20, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan

> Isn't that just an up-market Reliant Robin with the third
> wheel fitted at the wrong end?

He probably meant a Morgan 4
http://www.conceptcarz.com/images/Mo...V-11-GG_01.jpg

I assume anyone who finds a three wheeler desirable would
just get a new Prius or 'smart' or some such.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Cursitor Doom February 24th 18 11:05 PM

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 15:01:02 +0000, alan_m wrote:

> Do you mean the same financial services the cost of which to bail them
> out will be paid for by your children's children?

[...]

That was a bit cruel, Alan. Dave is not accustomed to being so brutally
confronted by facts.

Cursitor Doom February 24th 18 11:07 PM

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 14:19:38 -0700, rbowman wrote:

> And they won't even have to go very far with the Republic of Ireland
> staying in the EU. London or Dublin, doesn't make much difference.

Good point. Let the Irish pick up the tab for their next megafailure.

alan_m February 24th 18 11:19 PM

On 24/02/2018 23:07, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 14:19:38 -0700, rbowman wrote:
>
>> And they won't even have to go very far with the Republic of Ireland
>> staying in the EU. London or Dublin, doesn't make much difference.

> Good point. Let the Irish pick up the tab for their next megafailure.

The UK government bailed out Dublin the last time to the tune of £14
billion. Any country that hosts financial institutions deemed too big to
fail will have to have deep pockets.

Cursitor Doom February 24th 18 11:40 PM

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 23:19:16 +0000, alan_m wrote:

> The UK government bailed out Dublin the last time to the tune of £14
> billion. Any country that hosts financial institutions deemed too big to
> fail will have to have deep pockets.

It was the most outrageous scandal of recent times, and yet you find
people like Dave Plowman cheerfully defending the indefensible. :-/

Dave Plowman (News) February 24th 18 11:52 PM

Scott Dorsey > wrote:
> alan_m > wrote:
> >On 24/02/2018 13:20, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> >
> >> I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan

> >Isn't that just an up-market Reliant Robin with the third wheel fitted
> >at the wrong end?

> They do still make the three-wheeler

It's actually fairly new. And horrendously expensive. The originals were
fun though, and still quite a few around.

> but I was thinking more of the
> 4/4, which is still made of wood but has four wheels and a real engine.
> It is one of the most fun-to-drive cars made today. And less scary to
> drive than the Ariel Atom.

Yes you can have great fun with one at speeds that aren't scary.

--
*Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.

Dave Plowman (News) February 24th 18 11:55 PM

Cursitor Doom > wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 15:01:02 +0000, alan_m wrote:

> > Do you mean the same financial services the cost of which to bail them
> > out will be paid for by your children's children?

> [...]

> That was a bit cruel, Alan. Dave is not accustomed to being so brutally
> confronted by facts.

There you go then. We export very little in the way of manufactured goods
and financial services are actually a drain on the economy.
Hope you are looking forward to penury.

--
*Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.

alan_m February 25th 18 12:55 AM

Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> There you go then. We export very little in the way of manufactured goods
> and financial services are actually a drain on the economy.

But isn't this the stagnated status quo that those wishing to remain are
so eager to promote.

Cursitor Doom February 25th 18 10:23 AM

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 23:55:49 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> There you go then. We export very little in the way of manufactured
> goods and financial services are actually a drain on the economy.
> Hope you are looking forward to penury.

Has it not occurred to you that the nefarious activities of hedge funds
in the City of London, Chicago and New York have crippled manufacturers'
capitalisations making growth of actually useful industries which export
next to impossible? It's just a more sophisticated form of asset-
stripping.

https://www.democraticunderground.co...s/duboard.php?
az=view_all&address=389x5369027

Cursitor Doom February 25th 18 10:27 AM

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 01:22:38 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 15:37:21 -0000, Dave Plowman (News)
> > wrote:

>> You really are a poor loser.

> Er, it's YOU that lost. We are leaving the EU, don't you watch the news
> at all?

He's got you there, Dave! ;-)

Peter Hill[_2_] February 25th 18 10:38 AM

On 24-Feb-18 9:17 PM, rbowman wrote:
> On 02/24/2018 06:20 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> ** alan_m > wrote:
>>> If you are that worried about protecting British car working jobs buy a
>>> car assembled in the UK rather than a foreign built car. If all those
>>> advocating remaining in the EU did so then the production at UK car
>>> plants wouldn't need exports of cars in order to survive and imports of
>>> completed cars would reduce - a win, win situation.

>> I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan I'd be driving one today.
>> --scott
>>

> I wouldn't mind one of the three wheeled varieties.

A proper one with "Dog Eared" JAP engine is around £35K. Even better but
much rarer are ones with Matchless V twins, pay a £10K premium for air
cooled and an extra £5K tax on top of that for water cooled.

There is one truly "awesome" one with 2 Scott 2 stoke twins chained
together up front. Dunno if it was Green un or Blue un but the "Book of
the Scott" said tester said "overtake at 70 and then change up!", that
was when a fast car did 70mph and supercars (100SS) claimed to be able
to scrape up the ton.

Doesn't help current British manufacturing but the classic car and bike
industry is turning over £1m's and supporting 1000's of jobs each year.

A friend has an alloy bodied 4+4, it's about 30 years old now. The
factory didn't want to supply alloy body as they said flexing of the
body makes the paint flake off the alloy. He had them prime it with a
rubber paint. But I suspect the thickness of paint has negated the
weight saving of the alloy panels.

Dave Plowman (News) February 25th 18 11:33 AM

alan_m > wrote:
> On 24/02/2018 23:55, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> > There you go then. We export very little in the way of manufactured
> > goods and financial services are actually a drain on the economy.

> But isn't this the stagnated status quo that those wishing to remain are
> so eager to promote.

And the alternative is? My point exactly. All we get from you Brexiteers
is some form of hope for the future. With zero plans on how to implement
things.

To me, it is like flouncing out of a reasonably well paid job you've been
happy enough in for a long time without having a new one to go to. In some
form of mid life crisis. Not the actions of a logical person.

--
*Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

Dave Plowman (News) February 25th 18 11:38 AM

Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

In article >,
James Wilkinson Sword > wrote:
> >> If you know as much about Brexit as you do Newtonian Mechanics.....

> > You really are a poor loser.

> Er, it's YOU that lost. We are leaving the EU, don't you watch the news
> at all?

Forgot you'd not be keeping up. I was referring to Fred making such a hash
of using 'Newtonian Mechanics' to try and support a flawed argument.

But then most will lose with Brexit.

--
*Young at heart -- slightly older in other places

Fredxx February 25th 18 01:32 PM

Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

>>> You really are a poor loser.

>> Er, it's YOU that lost. We are leaving the EU, don't you watch the news
>> at all?

> Forgot you'd not be keeping up. I was referring to Fred making such a hash
> of using 'Newtonian Mechanics' to try and support a flawed argument.

You've proven on numerous occasions you don't have a clue on Newtonian
mechanics.

Do you want me to refresh your memory with Peter's simple problem put to
you, that you weren't able to answer and squirmed your way forward with
excuses of your own inadequacies?

> But then most will lose with Brexit.

I'm doing very well, thanks. The only pay increase I've had for 10 years
and more work than I can handle.

You don't work, do you?

And you own your own house near London that is likely to depreciate if
the housing demand reduces (or at least not accrue so much in value in
the coming years).

Dave Plowman (News) February 25th 18 02:16 PM

Fredxx > wrote:
> > Forgot you'd not be keeping up. I was referring to Fred making such a hash
> > of using 'Newtonian Mechanics' to try and support a flawed argument.

> You've proven on numerous occasions you don't have a clue on Newtonian
> mechanics.

Thought it wouldn't be long before you tried to bring this up again.

You tried every trick in the book in an attempt to prove my original
statement about BHP versus torque in a road going car was incorrect and
failed dismally. Despite introducing every single red herring you could
find.

And got all upset when I refused to answer all the silly questions you
kept coming up with.

So basically, a poor looser.

--
*He who dies with the most toys is, nonetheless, dead.

Fredxx February 25th 18 02:41 PM

Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> In article >,
> Fredxx > wrote:
>>> Forgot you'd not be keeping up. I was referring to Fred making such a hash
>>> of using 'Newtonian Mechanics' to try and support a flawed argument.

>> You've proven on numerous occasions you don't have a clue on Newtonian
>> mechanics.

> Thought it wouldn't be long before you tried to bring this up again.
>
> You tried every trick in the book in an attempt to prove my original
> statement about BHP versus torque in a road going car was incorrect and
> failed dismally. Despite introducing every single red herring you could
> find.

There was no trick, just a simple multiple choice problem put to you by
Peter Hill.

> And got all upset when I refused to answer all the silly questions you
> kept coming up with.

No refusal, you simply didn't have a clue. It was one problem, there
were no "silly questions".

Cursitor Doom February 25th 18 05:51 PM

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 16:03:47 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

> Oh I don't know, less immigrunts coming in and the place would become
> more desirable.

Not sure if you've noticed or not, but there's already a massive number
of unproductive immigrants here already.

Scott Dorsey February 25th 18 06:25 PM

Cursitor Doom > wrote:
>On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 16:03:47 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
>
>> Oh I don't know, less immigrunts coming in and the place would become
>> more desirable.

>Not sure if you've noticed or not, but there's already a massive number
>of unproductive immigrants here already.

You can thank that King William for that. Send them all back to Normandy
where they belong.
--scott