AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   "Generator" light glows rather dimly (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=371548)

Mr. K[_2_] December 22nd 11 02:36 AM

"Generator" light glows rather dimly

of course only while the car is running. turning on the lights doesn't
seem to make it brighter. Is this to be expected in a 42 y.o. type 1.
I just replaced the regulator with a Nueva
any ideas?
--
Karma, What a concept!

P.J.Berg[_8_] December 22nd 11 04:18 AM

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 03:36:54 +0100, Mr. K > wrote:

> of course only while the car is running. turning on the lights doesn't
> seem to make it brighter. Is this to be expected in a 42 y.o. type 1.
> I just replaced the regulator with a Nueva
> any ideas?

Measure what Voltage you get across the battery when idling with lights
on(and generator charge light slightly glowing..).

J.
--
P.J.Berg

Mr. K[_2_] December 24th 11 04:44 AM

"Generator" light glows rather dimly

In article >,
"P.J.Berg" > wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 03:36:54 +0100, Mr. K > wrote:
>
> > of course only while the car is running. turning on the lights doesn't
> > seem to make it brighter. Is this to be expected in a 42 y.o. type 1.
> > I just replaced the regulator with a Nueva
> > any ideas?

> Measure what Voltage you get across the battery when idling with lights
> on(and generator charge light slightly glowing..).
>
> J.

thanks, i'll try that.
--
Karma, What a concept!