AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   99 Miata Idle problem (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=441960)

[email protected] April 4th 19 06:07 AM

99 Miata Idle problem

Just let the car warm up it then idles fine. I usually drive it slow first 8 minutes then its fine.

Leon van Dommelen[_2_] April 27th 19 03:02 AM

99 Miata Idle problem

On Wed, 03 Apr 2019 22:07:16 -0700, chrismichaels246888 wrote:

> Just let the car warm up it then idles fine. I usually drive it slow

first 8 minutes then its fine.

Also see miata.net for potential reasons for idle problems. There is an
idle-adjust screw, but adjusting it is a tricky business because you are
fighting the ECU which also wants to fix the idle. You need to disable
to ECU to set the screw correctly.

Leon