AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   "service engine soon" light (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=67426)

stang47 June 13th 06 09:15 PM

"service engine soon" light

I just hit the 60k mark on my 2002 mustang. I park my car every winter so I
usually top up any fluids that needs to be. I am concerned that I may have
over filled the transmisson fluid (maybe that's the reason why the light
has come on, or is it because it's a factory setting to come on at 60k?
)If anyone knows please enlighten me. If it is the fluid do I drain it or
syphen it?

Dean Knight June 13th 06 11:03 PM

"service engine soon" light

My daughters 2001 v6 literally turned 60K and the light went on, also. I
attached the scanner tool and it said there was a ox sensor error. Reset
the codes and so far, so good. Maybe coincidence????

I dont think the computer will code out becuase of too high trans fluid, at
least dont recall a code of such.

Go to you local Autozone (or your fav parts store) and let them check and
reset your codes for free and see what the actual error code says.

lkaboutautos.com...

Gary June 17th 06 03:08 AM

"service engine soon" light

For information only, our local Advance Auto (Norton, Ohio) no longer
reads codes for you. Autozone stilldoes.
Don't know if this is local or national.

Gary B.