AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   95 Saturn SL2 Oil Leak (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=205741)

Leeinwind October 22nd 07 10:40 PM

95 Saturn SL2 Oil Leak

I have this problem for quite a while. Oil needed adding 1qt/300 mi. I
replaced valve cover gasket (together with pistion gaskets). But the oil
consumption is still the same as before. I saw puddles starting from
intake. I know this sounds odd. But I did see Oil not fuel. I also feel
some oil outside oil pan gasket. So my next step is to replance the oil
pan gasket. But one friend online told me it could be the problem of
O-ring of oil pump and if I don't fix it, the oil leakage will continue.

I'm a little confusing. Oil pump locates inside. How could the o-ring
result in an oil leaking to the ground?

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated in advance.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...makers.saturn/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Leeinwind October 31st 07 06:16 PM

95 Saturn SL2 Oil Leak

No body knows?

Refinish King November 2nd 07 12:57 AM

95 Saturn SL2 Oil Leak

I've seen SL2's cylinder heads crack and leak oil:

Right under the A/C compressor bracket, at the rear of the compressor.

I hope this helps.

RK
lkaboutautos.com...

Fred[_9_] November 10th 07 02:47 AM