AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Normal maintenance items? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=341073)

TNSTAAFL November 4th 09 04:33 PM

Normal maintenance items?

Hi - selling a friends VW Touareg - we recently had to replace the
drivetrain and the rear intake crank case vent valve assembly and the intake
gasket - on a Touareg, are these normal maintenance items (like the timing
belt on a honda at 85,000 miles)? I'm trying to figure if we coud use these
replaced items as a benefit - something a new owner wouldn't have to do i
the course of normal maintenance. THANKS!

[email protected] November 5th 09 09:11 PM

Normal maintenance items?

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:33:55 -0600, "TNSTAAFL"
> wrote:

>Hi - selling a friends VW Touareg - we recently had to replace the
>drivetrain and the rear intake crank case vent valve assembly and the intake
>gasket - on a Touareg, are these normal maintenance items (like the timing
>belt on a honda at 85,000 miles)? I'm trying to figure if we coud use these
>replaced items as a benefit - something a new owner wouldn't have to do i
>the course of normal maintenance. THANKS!

I don't believe any of those items could be called regular
maintenance items. I would call them repairs.

In any case, you don't really want to talk about any repair or
maintenance item to a prospectrive customer, as it puts them in the
wrong mood. Even if it is maintenance, they start thinking how much
that will cost.

The only plus maintenance I can think of in that situation
woudl be a timing belt replacement.