Showing results 1 to 25 of 137
Search took 4.54 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: APLer
Forum: Technology September 12th 10, 09:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By APLer
Canada unveils new speed bump: optical illusion of a child

"hls" > wrote in
:

> > wrote in message
Forum: Simulators September 3rd 10, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By APLer
Ferrari Launches Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

GaryR > wrote in
:

> No doubt this is going to be a good F1 sim but it looks like it will
> just be lapping/time trials in one...
Forum: Simulators September 2nd 10, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By APLer
Ferrari Launches Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

Kai Åberg > wrote in
:

> This could be interesting. I think iRacing just got a serious
> competitor.

Forum: Simulators September 2nd 10, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By APLer
sim racing group not just iracing group

"Luvrsmel" > wrote in news:mDBfo.449$89.378@edtnps83:

> that being said and agreed upon in a "told ya so" kind of way, I was
> surprised to see that my old (3.0GHz) overclocked to...
Forum: Technology August 13th 10, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By APLer
U.S. study finds driver error in most Toyota accidents

dr_jeff > wrote in
:

> chuckcar wrote:
>> "C. E. White" > wrote in
Forum: Technology August 11th 10, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 143
Posted By APLer
$20,000 over sticker for Chevy Volt is simply supply and demand

Clive > wrote in
:

> In message >, chuckcar >
> writes
>> I still prefer the idea of...
Forum: Technology August 11th 10, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By APLer
this is what happens when you let a stoner service your car

wrote in
:

> A new idea for a tin foil hat, with a spark plug on it.
> cuhulin

Eliminate the problem and make him feel...
Forum: Technology August 3rd 10, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By APLer
cuhulin: need some movie advice

wrote in news:14891-4C581115-1594@storefull-
3172.bay.webtv.net:

> Right after World War Two, a lot of people built their own
> motorscooters, from govt surplus parts and whatever...
Forum: Technology August 3rd 10, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By APLer
cuhulin: need some movie advice

wrote in
:

> Didn't Orange County Choppers build an I Robot motorcycle?
> cuhulin

If so, I hope they got their asses sued...
Forum: Simulators July 7th 10, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By APLer
For sale - BRD F1 Sim Wheel and pedals - (UK)

pjgtech > wrote in news:zeNYn.44676$cJ6.17159@hurricane:

> Hi...
>
> I have already sold my BRD race frame pro, next to go is my BRD F1 Sim
> wheel and pedals.
>
> See this...
Forum: Simulators June 29th 10, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By APLer
GPL question

"rcgldr" > wrote in
:

>> I haven't shown that to be true yet. However at a first test with a
>> BRM and a Cooper, I'm still getting the...
Forum: Simulators June 26th 10, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 10
Posted By APLer
NFS: Shift - Can't drive in straight line on demo...

Ian Riches > wrote in -
september.org:

> I've recently upgrading my ancient (XP2500+ & x800 XT) machine to
> something slightly more modern...
Forum: Simulators June 26th 10, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 10
Posted By APLer
NFS: Shift - Can't drive in straight line on demo...

Ian Riches > wrote in
:

> I've recently upgrading my ancient (XP2500+ & x800 XT) machine to
> something slightly more modern...
Forum: Simulators June 20th 10, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By APLer
GPL question

"rcgldr" > wrote in
:

>> I haven't shown that to be true yet. However at a first test with a
>> BRM and a Cooper, I'm still getting the...
Forum: Simulators June 19th 10, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By APLer
GPL question

"rcgldr" > wrote in
:

>> I haven't shown that to be true yet. However at a first test with a
>> BRM and a Cooper, I'm still getting the...
Forum: Simulators June 17th 10, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By APLer
GPL question

"rcgldr" > wrote in :

>>> I think he's suggesting that you increase the damping to get rid of
>>> the observed behavior. More damping will...
Forum: Simulators June 16th 10, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By APLer
GPL question

Pat Dotson > wrote in
:

>> > ...but could it be something to do with bump/rebound or
>> > spring/damper...
Forum: Simulators June 14th 10, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By APLer
GPL question

Peter > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> says...
Forum: Simulators June 13th 10, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By APLer
GPL question

Bob_Simpson > wrote in news:b1b6be70-0697-4b70-9f04-
:

> On Jun 12, 1:59*pm, APLer > wrote:
>> Whenever I push the car...
Forum: Simulators June 12th 10, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By APLer
GPL question

Whenever I push the car through a corner and effectively do a very low
angle powerslide, I get this oscillation from left to right. Does anyone
know how of fix this problem. I'll be steady - that...
Forum: Simulators June 8th 10, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By APLer
iRacing hits 9000 axctive drivers in May

"rcgldr" > wrote in :

>> smoke and mirrors
>> objects look better than they really are in mirror.
>
> I've notice some of the mirrors on sports...
Forum: Technology May 26th 10, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By APLer
BP, and others, from a previous thread

"hls" > wrote in
:

> "chuckcar" > wrote in message
>>>
>> Then they'll get no answers at all. Only mea culpas. Not...
Forum: Simulators May 24th 10, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By APLer
Usenet communities closing down

"mike" > wrote in :

> "APLer" > wrote in message
>> "mike" > wrote...
Forum: Simulators May 24th 10, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

"mike" > wrote in :

> I'm not sure how long it will be before this one is gone..
>
> http://www.neowin.net/news/usenet-communities-closing-down
Forum: Simulators May 21st 10, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By APLer
Nurburgring screenshots from GT5

"Plowboy" > wrote in