Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fred[_9_]
Forum: Technology September 18th 08, 01:34 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Easiest Way To Change Spark Plugs for a 2000 3.0L OHC Taurus

I see the same situation for the rear three plugs on my 08 fusion with
the 3.0 engine.Stuff is in the way. You would think Ford would have one of
their better
ideas and make it easier. Even what...
Forum: Technology September 18th 08, 01:26 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Fred[_9_]
imported radiators: good or bad?

I've had one in my Jeep for 5 years now. Works great.

Fred

"bob urz" > wrote in message
> There seems to be a number of sellers (some on ebay)...
Forum: Saturn September 16th 08, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Gurgling noise in 99 SL2

Maybe a little hole in a exhaust pipe?

Fred
94SC2

"Doug Miller" > wrote in message
> My 99 SL2 makes a gurgling or sloshing noise...
Forum: Saturn August 5th 08, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Aura AM radio issue

I think it has to do with history I suppose. They came out with FM and that
had
good bandwidth for music. So all the music went to FM and
the talk shows got AQM. AM never got any better.

"New &...
Forum: Saturn July 17th 08, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Aura AM radio issue

Hi

Sound like your antenna might be disconnected. I would check
that first. See if the station gets louder when you grab the antenna.
If not then it is probably disconnected.

Fred

"Usenet User"...
Forum: Saturn June 25th 08, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Fred[_9_]
95 SL1 question.........

Hi

I have a 94 SC2 so it is similar. Looking at the pictures in my Haynes
manual
it looks like you take off the Instrument panel pad. It looks like you can
then
get at most of the lamps in back of...
Forum: Saturn May 13th 08, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Odometer gear replacement-94 SC2

Hi

Does anyone have a step by step procedure to do this?
Also, are there metal gears out there that would be
a better fix?

Fred

"Fred" > wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep April 23rd 08, 10:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Where to sell Roadmaster tow bracket kit

Try Ebay

I'm going to be selling one myself there. Look in "completed item" and
search for
a similar item.

Fred

"PeterD" > wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep March 21st 08, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 0
Posted By Fred[_9_]
FS 1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

See

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/car/585135257.html

Fred
Forum: Saturn March 21st 08, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Fred[_9_]
FREE BLUEBOOK PRICE EBOOK

I don't see any Bluebook at this site.

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> FREE BLUEBOOK PRICE EBOOK
>
> Good information and it's...
Forum: Saturn March 20th 08, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Odometer gear replacement-94 SC2

Now that the weather is warming up I might take a stab at fixing the
odometer in my
94 SC2. I have the 2 new gears that should get it going again. It was
clicking on and
off for a couple years and...
Forum: Saturn February 28th 08, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Fred[_9_]
2001 LW200 Manual, No A/C

Why don't you just go to a parts store and price a rebuilt compressor.,
You can charge it yourself with a few cans of
R-34. You will then see the prices and can determine if you want to try do...
Forum: Saturn February 20th 08, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 14
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Freezing window washer

Maybe try the better quality washer fluids. Like Prestone De-Icer.
Fred
94 SC2

"BläBlä" >
wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn February 18th 08, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Auto rear view mirror dimmer

Sound like you have to get in there and rewire the switch so it shuts
off completely. See if you can get a diagram of the circuit. You might
just have to change a small part in the timer circuit to...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 18th 08, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 6
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Distance from tailpipe to tire...

I remember the pipe being glose to the tire where it takes the bend around
the gas tank. It is close but its ok because:
1. There was no other way to position the pipe.
2. Its on a hanger near there...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 18th 08, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 6
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Distance from tailpipe to tire...

Hi had a '89 LX 5.0.
I don't remember a problem with the tailpipes and the tires.
Once after a trip to Ford they messed up the pipes and
they were too low and crooked. After a trip back they
fixed...
Forum: Saturn February 15th 08, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Fred[_9_]
getting very little heat

Maybe the little knob that adjusts the temperature door is not
moving the door all the way to hot.
Fred
94 SC2 with lots of heat

"kevin" > wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn February 8th 08, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Ion Window Malfuntion!!

It always seems to be the passenger window in cars I've
had. 85 Jeep, 72 Ford, 64 Pontiac. Always the right side
gets stuck.

"teem" > wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn January 24th 08, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 0
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Ghost in a Ranger Radio

My radio in the Jeep does this. In my case its the radio.
Fred

"C. E. White" > wrote in message
> This is an odd one -
>
> My...
Forum: Saturn January 13th 08, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Fred[_9_]
2002 saturn vue "Service" light with wrench

I think I remember you had to disconnect the battery for a few minutes.
Fred
94 SC2

> wrote in message
> My...
Forum: Jeep January 1st 08, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 25
Posted By Fred[_9_]
mixing tires...

I've had a different brand snow tires (vs the front tire
brand) on the rear of cars for over 40 years without any problem.
This might be one for the mythbusters!

"Garth Almgren" >...
Forum: Saturn December 29th 07, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Driver's seat wearing out

Hi
Does anyone have a suggestion for ripped seats?
Should I look for a place that fixes them or are new
ones better?
Fred
94 SC2
cloth buckets.
Forum: Jeep December 28th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 11
Posted By Fred[_9_]
Fan Clutch

Check the autozone site for your jeep:
This is a 1998 wrangler 4cyl:
http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/04/f6/37/0900823d8004f637/repairInfoPages.htm
Fred

Forum: Jeep December 25th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By Fred[_9_]
83 GW power steering gear leaking

leak found!

As it turned out...
1. There has been a small seepage of coolant from the lower radiator hose
for a few years now since I replaced the radiator. Just a drops now and
then.
2. This is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44