Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 1.73 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: George[_17_]
Forum: Corvette August 15th 18, 01:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
Posted By George[_17_]
Identification of General Motors V8 small block engines.

When I was working in the Middle East I bought 2 Corvettes and as I had contacts with a car breakers Yard and they could not pay me for work I did, several times they took old Chevrolet small block...
Forum: Corvette December 7th 09, 05:07 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By George[_17_]
Alternator will not produce current

On Dec 7, 3:20*pm, "Dad" > wrote:
> "George" > wrote in message

> On Dec 7,...
Forum: Corvette December 7th 09, 07:31 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Dec 7, 12:53*am, "Dad" > wrote:
> "George" > wrote in message

> > Hi...
Forum: Corvette December 6th 09, 07:36 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By George[_17_]
Corvette Storage

On Nov 21, 2:06*am, pj > wrote:
> Bob G. wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a good product to keep the mice away? *Thanks from
> > CT.
>
> My C5 gets parked in a neighbor's feedbarn....
Forum: Corvette December 6th 09, 06:09 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By George[_17_]
Alternator will not produce current

Hi there,

I am trying to use a 10 S1 series Delcotron alternator, that is one of
several spares for my 1970 Corvette, collected when I had access to a
breakers yard. I have made all the mounting...
Forum: Corvette August 24th 09, 05:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 0
Posted By George[_17_]
Direction indicators do not operate at all. 1970 350 cu in.

Hi there,

Sorry to be a bit of a nuisance, but my cars test is booked for after
tomorrow and I have just discovered that the direction indicators do
not work at all and the hazard warning button...
Forum: Corvette August 23rd 09, 11:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 8
Posted By George[_17_]
1970 Corvette brake lights come on and won't go off

On Aug 21, 9:24*pm, "Dad" > wrote:
> "George" > wrote in message

> On Aug 21,...
Forum: Corvette August 21st 09, 06:57 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette

Forum: Corvette August 21st 09, 06:47 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Aug 20, 9:45*pm, "Dad" > wrote:
> "George" > wrote in message

Forum: Corvette August 20th 09, 07:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 8
Posted By George[_17_]
1970 Corvette brake lights come on and won't go off

Hi there,

After a period of storage I am getting my 350 Hp. stingray ready for
the UK test. I notice that the brakes - although functioning OK when
I push the pedal I have to pull it up a bit to...
Forum: Corvette September 27th 08, 07:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By George[_17_]
1970 350 cu. in. convertible coil ignition problem.

On Sep 27, 4:54*pm, "Tom In Missouri" > wrote:
> Bob is right, a lot of people paint the distributor hold-down clamp but they
> were unpainted on the bottom side. *Also, a lot of...
Forum: Corvette September 24th 08, 06:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Sep 21, 8:46*pm, George > wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have spent since December last year on this car, *I quite like
> problems so I have been having a ball. *The brakes took...
Forum: Corvette September 21st 08, 08:46 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By George[_17_]
1970 350 cu. in. convertible coil ignition problem.

Hi there,

I have spent since December last year on this car, I quite like
problems so I have been having a ball. The brakes took ages and now,
you will be glad to hear that it is back on the road,...
Forum: Corvette July 14th 08, 06:32 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By George[_17_]
1970 Corvette 350 cu. in. brakes

On 13 Jul, 21:56, George > wrote:
> On 12 Jul, 23:19, "Dad" > wrote:

Forum: Corvette July 13th 08, 09:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette

On 12 Jul, 23:19, "Dad" > wrote:
> "George" > wrote in message

> >I...
Forum: Corvette July 12th 08, 07:33 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By George[_17_]
1970 Corvette 350 cu. in. brakes

I have been messing about with these brakes for months on and off. I
postede in May time about the difficulty of getting fluid through to
the back calipers. See...
Forum: Technology May 26th 08, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By George[_17_]
Power steering / engine oil pumps use for waste oil.

On May 26, 5:58*am, Don Byrer > wrote:
> >Ideally I want a lower pressure, slower flow which I can leave on for
> >hours at a time as I am pumping from one 300 gallon tank to...
Forum: Technology May 25th 08, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 25, 12:43*pm, "HLS" > wrote:
> "George" > wrote in message
>
> news:bcb4b7d4-215e-4d99-. That
>
> > >is a pity as I don't need a high flow and I...
Forum: Technology May 22nd 08, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 22, 1:03*am, wrote:
> On May 21, 11:10*am, George > wrote:
>

> > On May 21, 6:45*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>
> > > George...
Forum: Technology May 21st 08, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By George[_17_]
Power steering / engine oil pumps use for waste oil.

On May 21, 6:45*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
> George > wrote:
> >Thanks Steve, that certainly explains why it does not pump. So I
> >suppose I should have more...
Forum: Technology May 21st 08, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On May 21, 4:21*pm, Steve > wrote:
> George wrote:
> > Having owned and maitained about 20, mostly GM cars in the 70 - 90 era
> > I have a lot of old power steering and engine oil...
Forum: Technology May 21st 08, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By George[_17_]
Power steering / engine oil pumps use for waste oil.

Having owned and maitained about 20, mostly GM cars in the 70 - 90 era
I have a lot of old power steering and engine oil pumps. Now I need
to pump waste vegetable oil through a de-watering and...
Forum: Corvette May 3rd 08, 12:06 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By George[_17_]
P275/40ZR18

On 25 Apr, 00:25, Roscoe > wrote:
> Thanks Dad! *I don't plan on racing, but I want to bake sure I'm not
> setting myself up for a blowout at (insert speed here). *Thank...
Forum: Corvette May 3rd 08, 11:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By George[_17_]
1970 350 cu. in. convertible brakes, on-going problems

On 30 Apr, 08:04, George > wrote:
> On 30 Apr, 05:56, "Tom In Missouri" > wrote:
>

> > Some issues you might have to do with the brakes.
>
> > - New...
Forum: Corvette April 30th 08, 08:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By George[_17_]
1970 350 cu. in. convertible brakes, on-going problems

On 30 Apr, 05:56, "Tom In Missouri" > wrote:
> Some issues you might have to do with the brakes.
>
> - New calipers will eventually do like the old brakes, as the cast iron pits
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33