Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Wao
Forum: VW water cooled October 24th 09, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Wao
'90 Golf faltering for a second. Transfer fuel pump?

Thanks Tony! I'll keep and eye on those things but this faltering issue is
so sporadic that it'll take me some time to check them out.

> Hi, I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest, I'm not at all...
Forum: VW water cooled October 14th 09, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Wao
'90 Golf faltering for a second. Transfer fuel pump?

"Tony49122" > ha escrit al
> What are your symptoms? Stalls? Or falters but eventually keeps
Forum: VW water cooled October 13th 09, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Wao
Cabin Air Filter for VW Golf III TDI 90HP GL 1995

"SFC" > ha escrit al
> Acc. to ETKA you should fit a plastic frame part # 1J0 819 648 when
> replacing the filter. I think...
Forum: VW water cooled October 13th 09, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Wao
'90 Golf faltering for a second. Transfer fuel pump?

> away after starting. Doing some reading, someone mentioned the fuel
> pump stops if the coil isn't sending out pulses on the high voltage
> terminal. The idea is if the engine stops running, say in...
Forum: VW water cooled October 10th 09, 10:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Wao
Cabin Air Filter for VW Golf III TDI 90HP GL 1995

"SFC" > ha escrit al
> Acc. to ETKA you should fit a plastic frame part # 1J0 819 648 when
> replacing the filter. I think...
Forum: VW water cooled October 9th 09, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Wao
Cabin Air Filter for VW Golf III TDI 90HP GL 1995

> My question is, is that plastic frame for the cabin filter an original VW
> part? Any ideas on how to attach this new filter without the plastic frame
> other than using some sort of adhesive...
Forum: VW water cooled October 9th 09, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Wao
Cabin Air Filter for VW Golf III TDI 90HP GL 1995

I just bought a spare cabin air filter for my VW Golf III 90HP GL '95. The
old one was very dirty and clogged up so I need a new one. The previous
filter's brand was 'Valeo' but the new one is...
Forum: VW water cooled October 4th 09, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Wao
'90 Golf faltering for a second. Transfer fuel pump?

"tonyw" > ha escrit al

> Checking in with the gurus. I have a '90 Golf (gas engine, 8 valve)
Forum: VW water cooled September 9th 09, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Wao
Life expectancy of 1995 VW Golf TDI 90HP

>>> I had a 95 Passat VR6 that I put 135K on before I sold it, and the new
>>> owner put another 135K on it before it finally quit.
>>
>> Was that VR6 a 6-cylinder gas engine?
>
> Yes, a V6 of 2.8...
Forum: VW water cooled September 8th 09, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Wao
Life expectancy of 1995 VW Golf TDI 90HP

> I had a 95 Passat VR6 that I put 135K on before I sold it, and the new
> owner put another 135K on it before it finally quit.

Was that VR6 a 6-cylinder gas engine?
Forum: VW water cooled September 8th 09, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Wao
Life expectancy of 1995 VW Golf TDI 90HP

> If the rest of the car is in good shape, it'll last a good long while.
> I have a Jetta TDi with 214,000 miles that I expect to keep around
> for another 5 - 6 years at 10,000 miles each year.
Forum: VW water cooled September 8th 09, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Wao
Life expectancy of 1995 VW Golf TDI 90HP

> ha escrit al
> I would certainly think it would be worth a timing belt
> change. I figure the car should be good...
Forum: VW water cooled September 7th 09, 11:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Wao
Life expectancy of 1995 VW Golf TDI 90HP

I've got this Volkswagen Golf with a TDI engine developing 90 HP which was
made circa 1995. It's got about 155,000 miles on the speedometer. That car
burns some oil but other than that it's running...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13