Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: james
Forum: Technology December 27th 09, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By james
ABS brake in high speed turn?

If you are driving a tight turn at high speed (let's say almost starting to
slide) and jam on the brakes causing the wheels to lock, the car would slide
out, assuming non ABS brake.

If the brakes...
Forum: General September 7th 09, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By james
small puncture tire repair

I wonder if some tire pattern attracts more nails than others.

I have used tire patching kits before -- the kind that requires you to make
the tire puncture hole larger first with a file, and then...
Forum: Technology August 4th 09, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By james
Oil drain plug washer?

There is a brand of oil drain valve (fumoto) that comes with a blue non
metallic washer.

Which washer is more durable, this blue washer or the metallic crush washer?
Forum: Technology May 20th 09, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By james
Clean way to drain oil?

Is there any tool or device that allows me to remove an oil drain plug (a
hex nut) without used oil splashing all over the wrench and my hand, and
then having to fish for the drain plug in the oil...
Forum: Technology March 31st 09, 07:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By james
part time AWD with manual shift?

Are there any cars with part-time AWD -- or more accurately "momentary AWD"
like the toyota rav4, or honda cr-v but with manual shift?

I currently have an all-time AWD car (a subaru). I enjoy the...
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5