Showing results 1 to 25 of 204
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Byron Forbes
Forum: Simulators June 6th 10, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By Byron Forbes
iRacing hits 9000 active drivers in May

"gumby patrol" > wrote in message
> On 04/06/2010 12:16 AM, Andrew MacPherson wrote:
>> That's 9000 who participated in at least...
Forum: Simulators May 7th 10, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By Byron Forbes
who's still racing NR2003?

"GaryR" > wrote in message
> Fully understand not wanting to spend the time to get to where you can
> race NASCAR officially...
Forum: Simulators April 7th 10, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 28
Posted By Byron Forbes
How many active players in iRacing now?

"rcgldr" > wrote in message
>> iRacing, it is still cheap.
>
> Not compared to other racing games. Making an anlogy between iRacing
> with...
Forum: Simulators April 7th 10, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 28
Posted By Byron Forbes
How many active players in iRacing now?

So iRacing should pay for all this ongoing conversion? And why stop at
Spanish - what about all the other languages?

My attitude on this is simple. If they (countries with different
languages)...
Forum: Simulators April 5th 10, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Niles Anders" > wrote in message

> iR desperately needs Spanish and Portuguese language portals for their
> service.

What does that...
Forum: Simulators April 5th 10, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

"rcgldr" > wrote in message
>>> A significant part of the NR2003 fan base wasn't hard core sim.

> I also recall that they expected some...
Forum: Simulators April 5th 10, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in message
> (rcgldr) wrote:
>
> That's why I still believe in a mass market...
Forum: Simulators March 15th 10, 11:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 0
Posted By Byron Forbes
iRacing World Championship races live on PSRTV

http://www.psrtv.com/index.php

Road events every fortnight at 2200 GMT Saturdays - next race is next
weekend at Zandvoort
Oval races run on the following American Tuesday night

There is a...
Forum: Simulators March 6th 10, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 10
Posted By Byron Forbes
iRacing Movie 5th March 2010

This is actually pretty interesting when you think about it. Obviously
anything that creates an avenue for more money coming in is something
iRacing would be interested in, especially in that this...
Forum: Simulators March 6th 10, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 10
Posted By Byron Forbes
iRacing Movie 5th March 2010

So what are you talking about? The FIRST series or hosted? Hosted is $3
per session. You could run a league with buddies for peanuts. Or are you
talking about the overall service/monthly...
Forum: Simulators January 29th 10, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By Byron Forbes
Iracing Skippy schedule?

> Has the skippy changed much since iRacing went live? The way I remember
> it it was prone to oversteer and hadn't found any way to dial it out,
> though maybe I just hadn't "stumbled onto a good...
Forum: Simulators January 27th 10, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By Byron Forbes
F1 comes to iRacing

"David G Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote in message

> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in message
Forum: Simulators January 19th 10, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By Byron Forbes
F1 comes to iRacing

"rcgldr" > wrote in message
>> The fellow that looks after the Williams simulator is on the forums
> conversing with members right now and...
Forum: Simulators January 18th 10, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By Byron Forbes
F1 comes to iRacing

"dude, it's just the 2009 Williams" - LOL. Have a think about that
statement!

Fact is, there will be this one car, modeled to a degree like no other F1
car before it and you will be able to run...
Forum: Simulators January 17th 10, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By Byron Forbes
F1 comes to iRacing

http://www.inracingnews.com/formula-one-news/williams-f1-and-iracing-announce-virtual-version-of-att-williams-fw31/

Finally a proper F1 sim after all these years! :)
Forum: Simulators December 23rd 09, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 11
Posted By Byron Forbes
traction control algorithms

"rcgldr" > wrote in message
>> It seems that for some cars, TC is achieved by skipping ignition
>> for a few steps.
>
> That would end up...
Forum: Simulators December 19th 09, 10:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By Byron Forbes
Schumacher in F1

http://www.inracingnews.com/formula-one-news/f1-formula-one-news/schumacher-reveals-comeback-is-close/
Forum: Simulators December 7th 09, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By Byron Forbes
It's Official!

Most are probably over at iRacing. There is so much on the forums it's a
joke! I sometimes need to drag myself away from the joint to stop myself
sitting there for hours on end. Here it's a matter...
Forum: Simulators November 1st 09, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By Byron Forbes
iracing leagues?

"keypogue73" <http://russian-brides-best.com/> wrote in message

> I heard that iRacing may be signing a deal with American LeMans Series.
> They have the...
Forum: Simulators October 20th 09, 11:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By Byron Forbes
iracing leagues?

"KMacK" > wrote in message
> Tony R wrote:
> > The mainstay of iRacing will be the oficial series, so I would expect
> > the leagues to...
Forum: Simulators October 18th 09, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 50
Posted By Byron Forbes
iRacing - My slant

"jelloshooter69" > wrote in message
> On Oct 18, 7:51 am, "Byron Forbes" >...
Forum: Simulators October 18th 09, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 50
Posted By Byron Forbes
iRacing - My slant

"jelloshooter69" > wrote in message
> On Oct 17, 8:16 pm, "Byron Forbes" >...
Forum: Simulators October 18th 09, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 50
Posted By Byron Forbes
iRacing - My slant

"David G Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote in message

> "Niles Anders" > wrote in message
Forum: Simulators October 17th 09, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 33
Posted By Byron Forbes
iRacing - price drops - class updates mid-season

"Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in message
> (schooner) wrote:
>
>> Lotta haters that can't seem to...
Forum: Simulators October 16th 09, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators