Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gizzard
Forum: VW water cooled September 9th 11, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 15
Posted By Gizzard
Golf 1.8 Mk III SE (same as GL.. ADZ engine) not starting.. help!!

Tell a lie, coolant perhaps a few cents down.. it is hard to monitor
with an old resevoir bottle .. i usually take the cap off and look
in :)

Oil definitely wants changing..

Cheers Peter
Forum: VW water cooled September 9th 11, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Sep 6, 3:50*pm, PeterD > wrote:
> On 9/6/2011 9:14 AM, Gizzard wrote:
>
> > I have some good news, she's not dead yet :-)
>
> > The mechanic quickly established there was no...
Forum: VW water cooled September 6th 11, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Sep 5, 12:39*pm, PeterD > wrote:

> > Thanks Peter.
>
> > I tried steps 1 to 5 above - no significant pressure.
>
> > Taking the car to the garage today, I can't afford any work...
Forum: VW water cooled September 5th 11, 11:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Sep 4, 3:54*pm, PeterD > wrote:

> > What is the best way to determine if the engine is fried on the cheap?
>
> > I am just uploading a clip of smoke to youtube now.
>
> That's a...
Forum: VW water cooled September 5th 11, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Sep 4, 3:54*pm, PeterD > wrote:

> > What is the best way to determine if the engine is fried on the cheap?
>
> > I am just uploading a clip of smoke to youtube now.
>
> That's...
Forum: VW water cooled September 4th 11, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 15
Posted By Gizzard
Golf 1.8 Mk III SE (same as GL.. ADZ engine) not starting.. help!!

Update: currently just making short trips, idling for a few minutes
and checking..

No obvious sludge on oil cap or dipstick nor oil in expansion tank.

Suspect engine running hot (gauge stays at 90...
Forum: VW water cooled September 4th 11, 11:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Sep 4, 11:00*am, Gizzard > wrote:

> I am just uploading a clip of smoke to youtube now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMQ8-rfmHio
Forum: VW water cooled September 4th 11, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 15
Posted By Gizzard
Golf 1.8 Mk III SE (same as GL.. ADZ engine) not starting.. help!!

Bernd & Peter

Thank you for taking the time..

Bernd I have kept your suggestions, and when I have more time I'll
inspect the engine as thoroughly as a novice can, if my car makes it
through. ...
Forum: VW water cooled August 30th 11, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 15
Posted By Gizzard
Golf 1.8 Mk III SE (same as GL.. ADZ engine) not starting.. help!!

Sorry, in a bit of a blind panic when I wrote that post.

Car is 1996, ADZ engine, manual, 90k on clock.

It's at the garage now. Mechanic says car started first attempt, but carb is flooded with oil...
Forum: VW water cooled August 25th 11, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 15
Posted By Gizzard
Golf 1.8 Mk III SE (same as GL.. ADZ engine) not starting.. help!!

This has happened at a bad time.. moving house.. no money...my trusty
1.8 Golf isn't starting... :(

Running great until yesterday, returned to car after using in the day,
it turned over but didn't...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10