Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DougW[_4_]
Forum: Jeep August 13th 14, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By DougW[_4_]
2001 GC - P/S leak

ps56k wrote:
> "ps56k" > wrote in message
>> He finally took it to a local shop -
>> It was the hose - a little nick/crack.

Forum: Jeep August 11th 14, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By DougW[_4_]
Renix random engine cranking without starting problem .... SOLVED!!!!

Budd Cochran wrote:

> I'm also looking at doing an R&R on my cam and lifters because the
> lifters on #3 have decided to collapse (ticking noise in vlve cover).

A weak oil pump can do that too.
32...
Forum: Jeep August 9th 14, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Budd Cochran wrote:
> Yep, and it had bugged me for a couple months now: I'd try to start
> my 89 XJ with the (numerous expletives considered but not said) Renix
> MFI and it would crank fine but no...
Forum: Jeep August 1st 14, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By DougW[_4_]
97 ZJ Electrical Problem

Will Honea wrote:
> J. Clarke wrote:
>
>> Power windows and power locks don't respond to any of the door
>> controls on any door. Locks do lock and unlock with the remote.
>> Power mirror on...
Forum: Jeep August 1st 14, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By DougW[_4_]
1997 ZJ 5.2 clunking and vibrating

J. Clarke wrote:

> Thinking about I'm thinking I might have been vandalized. I checked
> it one time and it had 50 pounds of air in it. I chalked that up to
> having filled it in the dark in a...
Forum: Jeep July 27th 14, 03:39 PM Posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.4x4,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By DougW[_4_]
arg.. st00pid wiper motor

Greg wrote:
> But not as bad as rec.motorcycles.virago, I just bought a 84 Virago,
> figured I would check that group out, hum, not much help there, last
> post was 2009.
>
> "Greg" wrote in...
Forum: Jeep July 25th 14, 11:46 PM Posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.4x4,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By DougW[_4_]
arg.. st00pid wiper motor

Will Honea wrote:
> DougW wrote:
>
>> 93ZJ.. silly rear wiper motor decided to run all by itself.
>>
>> Probably a short somewhere, but for now pulling fuse#9 will
>> keep it put.
>>
>> Intertubes...
Forum: Jeep July 22nd 14, 11:15 PM Posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.4x4,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By DougW[_4_]
arg.. st00pid wiper motor

93ZJ.. silly rear wiper motor decided to run all by itself.

Probably a short somewhere, but for now pulling fuse#9 will
keep it put.

Intertubes not helping much, but then again most things I...
Forum: Jeep July 17th 14, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

J. Clarke wrote:

> Well, replacing the CV and bearing was uneventful, but didn't fix the
> problem. I was going to take another look at it this weekend but it
> resolved itself. The right rear...
Forum: Jeep July 12th 14, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_4_]
2007 Grand Cherokee, r.p.m/speedometer needles bounce back and forth

Ralph wrote:
> 2007 grand Cherokee speedometer/rpm gauges needles
> bounce back and forth.Sometimes airbag light in
> dash comes on.The windows act funny,the turn
> signal in dash sometimes works...
Forum: Jeep July 10th 14, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By DougW[_4_]
2001 cherokee sport. Brake fluid leak. Fixed it. How do I reset my Brake Light?

Dan wrote:
> My son replaced rear wheel brake cylinder. Works fine now.
>
> How do I make the brake light go...
Forum: Jeep June 28th 14, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

J. Clarke wrote:

> The plan is to get a rebuilt shaft and joint from NAPA for 55 bucks
> and while I've got things apart I have a nearly new Timken bearing
> that I may as well put in (long story). ...
Forum: Jeep June 16th 14, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By DougW[_4_]
93 jeep Cherokee sport runs very bad.

Lillian wrote:
> We have just bought this car. we were told that the problems were
> caused by a faulty catalytic converter, But after replacement we are still having the same problems. Rough starts,...
Forum: Jeep May 27th 14, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By DougW[_4_]
97 ZJ Cranks, won't start

J. Clarke wrote:
> 97 ZJ 5.2 Limited.
>
> Was fine yesterday, this morning got in to go to work and it cranked
> like crazy but wouldn't start. Checked codes, showing 12, 21, 55.
> Checked all...
Forum: Jeep May 27th 14, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By DougW[_4_]
Are Wrangler's Safe for First-time Drivers?

Will Honea wrote:
> TexasFury wrote:
>
>> To have some fun, first read "Are Wrangler's Safe for Babies?" from
>> 1997.
>>
>> I was the original poster of this question:

Forum: Jeep May 13th 14, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By DougW[_4_]
Dang Blasted rust!!!

Budd Cochran wrote:
> "DougW" wrote:
>

>> Getting harder to say what's made here and what isn't.
>> Especially in the replacment parts market.
>>
>> Of course my ol POS 1982 Chevy pickup was made...
Forum: Jeep May 12th 14, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By DougW[_4_]
Dang Blasted rust!!!

Greg wrote:
> I'm in Canada, we don't make much, and I hate that it is getting
> harder and harder to find Made In USA on anything, within reason on
> price, if it says made in the USA that would be...
Forum: Jeep May 12th 14, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_4_]
Thoughts on Duralast products?

Budd Cochran wrote:
> "DougW" :
>
>> Gotta redo the brakes before I don't have any....
>>
>> Looking at AutoZone. The kits really are the same
>> no matter where you buy them so it's down to the
Forum: Jeep May 12th 14, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_4_]
Thoughts on Duralast products?

Gotta redo the brakes before I don't have any....

Looking at AutoZone. The kits really are the same
no matter where you buy them so it's down to the
pads/shoes.

Yea.. The add for Duralast almost...
Forum: Jeep May 11th 14, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By DougW[_4_]
Dang Blasted rust!!!

Budd Cochran wrote:
> I got tired of the rear suspension on my '89 XJ trying to knock my
> dentures
> out with every crack in the pavement so I decided to swap out the
> Rough
> Country Add-a-Leaf...
Forum: Jeep May 9th 14, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By DougW[_4_]
Plugs for Wrangler

D-R wrote:
> Gonna change the plugs on my 2008 JK. Recommendations?? The cost
> seems to vary from about $2.50 to $14..... Want good plugs that can
> that a lot of slow, hot off road stuff as...
Forum: Jeep April 21st 14, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By DougW[_4_]
2001 GC - P/S leak

ps56k wrote:
> "ps56k" wrote ...
>> Our son was home for Easter.
>> He has our old 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo.

You are correct in being concerned, ATF+4 is not for that model year.

I'd ask the...
Forum: Jeep March 2nd 14, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 19
Posted By DougW[_4_]
97 ZJ 5.2 cooling leak Solved

J. Clarke wrote:

> Wednesday afternoon it finally let go in earnest. Problem turned out
> to be the gasket on the timing chain cover, which apparently had a
> small crack that sealed itself after...
Forum: Jeep February 28th 14, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By DougW[_4_]
2005 wagoneer are valves torqued need specifications

jeanette wrote:
> just need to know if 2005 jeep wagoneer valves are torqued. need
> specifications.

whut?

--
DougW
Forum: Jeep February 8th 14, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

J. Clarke wrote:

> Now if I can find my blacklight--I've got one here somewhere unless I
> left it at my last job--leaving there was chaotic.

Used to use a big ol 4" one made for haloween till I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47