Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Casper
Forum: Jeep October 14th 06, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 12
Posted By Casper
Which coolant?

http://www.osti.gov/energycitations/product.biblio.jsp?osti_id=31877
http://www.peakantifreeze.com/tech/tech_a.html
http://www.peakantifreeze.com/fleetcharge.htm
http://www.sierraantifreeze.com/

I've...
Forum: Jeep September 30th 06, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Casper
JeepEV

You folks have been real nice about sharing information. So... here is
some information back at you! Enjoy!

http://www.driveev.com/jeepev/home.php
Forum: Jeep September 13th 06, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

>Or a new vice grip handle.
>God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Same thing my neighbor said... but I prefer not the poor man's fix.
I have...
Forum: Jeep September 11th 06, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

>"DougW" was heard to say...
>
>The hood pull is just a few bolts.
>The only hard part is if the cable breaks before you have the hood
>open. :)

I would imagine so. :)
Avalable after-market? Dealer...
Forum: Jeep September 10th 06, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

I finally got my jeep back and it's running!

After hours upon hours of discussions, phone call after phone call and
arguing between insurance co, attorney, repair place and myself, they
finally...
Forum: Jeep August 26th 06, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

Thanks for the link! I remember this site from an earlier
conversation but didn't have the link.

Yeah, I wish they would. Hell, I took them a pull from a 95 to test
with two days ago and they...
Forum: Jeep August 25th 06, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

Well, my jeep is still in the shop. The techs scrambling to replace
the replacement PCM. So, I've started considering alternatives...

I'd like to hear information and opinions on two other cars I...
Forum: Jeep August 25th 06, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

Seems like my additional question didn't come thru, so here it is
again...

In regards to the 19 GC Ltd PCM, are they interchangeable?
I have conflicting responses to this. On the one hand, I've been...
Forum: Jeep August 23rd 06, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

bllsht > hacked up a hairball and the stain left
behind looked like this:

>Something smells bad here...

Yeah, it does.

EoC+BLK
Forum: Jeep August 21st 06, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

bllsht > hacked up a hairball and the stain left
behind looked like this:

>Not to take anything from your mechanic, but it looks like he's had mostly GM
>training, and probably...
Forum: Jeep August 20th 06, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

>I'm getting the idea that we are discussing the 4.0 engine, and not
>the V-8.
>
>Dick

Correct. 4.0L inline 6 cylinder.
Forum: Jeep August 20th 06, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

Just to clarify things up a bit (I hope)...

For the check engine light problem, the PCM (main computer). Aside
from not running the pre-start process, it was preventing voltage from
going to the...
Forum: Jeep August 20th 06, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

>The only CPS's 'I' am familiar with just bolt in. There are no
>spacers. I haven't seen that many though.
>
>Mike

Sorry about the wording. Spacer, shim, whatever. It's a small piece of
paper-like...
Forum: Jeep August 20th 06, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

>"DougW" was heard to say...
>
>The only sensor that can be affected by gas is the O2 sensor.
>RTV especially. I'm not sure anything but epoxy based paint
>would cause problems. Hardly anyone uses...
Forum: Jeep August 20th 06, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

Lon > hacked up a hairball and the stain left
behind looked like this:

>After swapping to Champions, add a fat ground braid between the body
>near the battery and a nice big...
Forum: Jeep August 20th 06, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

>Bosch plugs are crap. If you have one of their universal fit, splice in, POS O2
>sensors, throw that away too.

As I said, the plugs have been replaced 4 times. O2 sensor no, but
that's been tested...
Forum: Jeep August 19th 06, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

>"billy ray" was heard to say...
>Jeep uses 2 (at least) types of CPS units.
>http://members.cox.net/wilsond/Fixes/diagnostics.html#CPSdetails
>
>There is the one type that is secured by one bolt,...
Forum: Jeep August 18th 06, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

>Wow......
>
>I too would be suspecting the junkyard brain. Maybe a 'new' one would
>be in order.

Yeah, it is definitly a suspect. I hope to know either later today or
in the next couple of days....
Forum: Jeep August 18th 06, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 42
Posted By Casper
1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

First off, thanks to Mike Romain and DougW for thier input and help
previously. It's been a while, so if you do not remember, that's cool.
Doug might remember putting up pictures I posted on his...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19