Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gil
Forum: Simulators May 6th 10, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By Gil
who's still racing NR2003?

Say what you will, the game is still the best Nascar simulation for
online multiplayer. Hasn't been a game that can hold a candle to it
yet. Not into working my way through the ranks with IRacing. I...
Forum: Simulators March 29th 10, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By Gil
who's still racing NR2003?

I have a friend who still runs 3 nights a week or so over IP. It's
getting to be a very exclusive club, though.

Personally, I haven't played the game in a year and a half, but I did
love it. If...
Forum: Simulators February 20th 08, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 118
Posted By Gil
IRacing Pricing

I raced NR2003 for 2-1/2 years - at least 2 nights a week, maybe 2
hours per session. If iRacing can rebuild the community, and allow me
to do the type of racing I enjoy, then the monthly fee isn't a...
Forum: Simulators January 15th 08, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Gil
NR2003 For Sale

On Jan 9, 5:57*pm, "Jeff Reid" > wrote:
> > Some moron paid $72.75 plus 10$ shipping!!
>
> Even though there is no chat or ratings, the online play mode
> is still working. The...
Forum: Simulators October 11th 07, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Gil
Hey idiots, youre wrong yet again...

Yeah, that's my favorite track, too.
Forum: Simulators June 27th 07, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim
Replies: 12
Posted By Gil
Good Video Card For Modest Machine?

Geforce 6600GT.

'Nuff said.
Forum: Simulators June 12th 07, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Gil
NR2003 wont load tracks

On Jun 12, 12:00 pm, Bamadano > wrote:
> On Jun 11, 6:42 pm, "GMpartsguy" > wrote:
>
> > "Gil" > wrote in message

Forum: Simulators June 11th 07, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Gil
NR2003 wont load tracks

Where did you get the patch file from?

Odd problem.
Forum: Simulators May 23rd 07, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Gil
x800 GTO (AGP) vs. GeForce 6800 GT (AGP)

I would do the deal. I have a 6600GT and love it.
Forum: Simulators May 22nd 07, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By Gil
why EA cant make a good nascar sim

> How is even possible that NO ONE to date has released a stock car sim
> as slick as NR2003 is right now? Of course, I keep waiting (and
> waiting) for the Iracing.com offering, but haven't even...
Forum: Simulators April 16th 07, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 10
Posted By Gil
NR2003 Still amazing

Agreed. I race at 1400 x 900 with Teamspeak running, and it is the
most immersive PC gaming experience I have ever had. Other racing
games may be better or worse, but there hasn't been anything out...
Forum: Simulators March 23rd 07, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By Gil
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel $254 at Dell Home

My Microsoft FF wheel is holding up quite nicely, thank you, and I got
it for $50.
Forum: Simulators January 24th 07, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By Gil
Nascar racing 2003 season

At least $75US on E-bay. Give it a go.
Forum: Simulators December 24th 06, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 53
Posted By Gil
sim racing is dead

I remember Grand Prix by Activision for my Atari.

Hey, I still know of a Viper Racing group that runs most nights.

If they come up with the racing game, someone out here will drive it!

Merry...
Forum: Simulators December 20th 06, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 53
Posted By Gil
sim racing is dead

NR2003 still has 200-400 players on weeknights, and weekends are a
little busier. I can always find good, fun and competitive races with
that game whenever I hook up the wheel.
Forum: Simulators December 19th 06, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 53
Posted By Gil
sim racing is dead

Two of my co-workers and I race N2003 every Tuesday and Friday. We're
all employed. Actually, you have to have a job to play, because the
game regularly sells for $100 on E-bay.

Sim racers (like...
Forum: Simulators December 10th 06, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 54
Posted By Gil
HDTV gaming

Projector wouldn't work well in a bright or sunlit room. We use ours in
our basement family room and it is fine. At night, we can have a light
on in the room and the image is still bright.

Gil
Forum: Simulators December 7th 06, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 54
Posted By Gil
HDTV gaming

I bought a DLP 480p projector (yes I know it's not High Def), but it
was only $600 and the 92" screen was thrown in for free!

Even in standard def, the picture is great. Recommend you get...
Forum: Simulators October 24th 06, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 14
Posted By Gil
NR2003 2006 mod?

Maybe so, but I want an E-mail about the other stuff....
Forum: Simulators October 16th 06, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Gil
Thrustmaster Nascar Pro Force Feedback

You should be able to get one from Thrustmaster. My friend had the same
wheel, he got it without a power supply, and Thrustmaster sent him one
at no charge.
Forum: Simulators October 12th 06, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By Gil
Is N2003 Online Still Running?

I read somewhere that the servers are the same ones that host WOW. That
would be a good thing. Don't a LOT of people play that game?
Forum: Simulators October 11th 06, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By Gil
replay won't initialize in nascar racing 2003

Me thinks you need some newer hardware.
Forum: Simulators October 2nd 06, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By Gil
Is N2003 Online Still Running?

Minimum of 200 racers even on slow nights, upwards of 600 racers on
busy nights. You can usually find fun competition out there and some
serious racing clubs as well.

Larry wrote:
> Whenever I log...
Forum: Simulators July 22nd 06, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 36
Posted By Gil
MS Sidewinder FF usb Wheel help

No, that wouldn't work like that. I have used my wheel for 2+ years on
my XP system, and have patched Windows whenever possible. No update
ever "broke" the installation.
Forum: Simulators July 18th 06, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By Gil
Where can I find talladega 70s & 80s for N2003?

Why doesn't the satellite link work? I was able to race when I used my
dial-up. What is different about a satellite connection?

..
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25