Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: HLS
Forum: Technology July 14th 09, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By HLS
Green vs Orange Anti-Freeze

"Brad" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I bought a second hand vehicle that has an orange colored anti-freeze.
> I have a container(s) of...
Forum: Technology July 14th 09, 02:52 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 97
Posted By HLS
Used Oil Analysis of CAMRY'S Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 after 4,920 miles

"Sharx35" > wrote in message news:jAz6m.36114

> I wonder if the posters who "yecch" about human hair being hydrolyzed into
> a food item have similar reservations about "going...
Forum: Technology July 14th 09, 01:49 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 97
Posted By HLS
Used Oil Analysis of CAMRY'S Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 after 4,920 miles

> wrote in message
> Toyota MDT in MO > wrote:
>
>>HLS wrote:
>>>

> I had about 125,000 miles on...
Forum: Technology July 13th 09, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 106
Posted By HLS
Ford Fusion reverse gear

"razz" > wrote in message
> Actually the production mustang was unveiled at the worlds fair in new
> york in april of 64, and was available...
Forum: General July 13th 09, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Replies: 15
Posted By HLS
Ford Fusion reverse gear

"razz" > wrote in message
> Actually the production mustang was unveiled at the worlds fair in new
> york in april of 64, and was available...
Forum: Technology July 13th 09, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 97
Posted By HLS
Used Oil Analysis of CAMRY'S Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 after 4,920 miles

"ransley" > wrote in message news:9e2e01e0-6006-
What is google broken, google data, how about the fact that a major
percentage of engine wear is on startup, or is everything a...
Forum: Technology July 12th 09, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By HLS
Progress Pictures

"Chris F." > wrote in message
> After months of bugging you guys for help with this old thing, I thought
> you might like to...
Forum: Technology July 12th 09, 02:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 97
Posted By HLS
Used Oil Analysis of CAMRY'S Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 after 4,920 miles

"ransley" > wrote in message
.. You
still dont factor in its superior performance at high temp,...
Forum: Technology July 11th 09, 12:55 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

"Sharx35" > wrote in message news:2qY5m.34503
>> Did your mama have any normal children?
>
> One MORE than yo' mama, apparently.

Dont talk that way about my brother...
Forum: Technology July 11th 09, 12:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

"Ray O" > wrote in message
>> >Never heard about the human hair though... yecch.
>>
>> I believe they hydrolyze it to carnitine.
>
> Does that make it taste...
Forum: Technology July 11th 09, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 23
Posted By HLS
1995 Town and Country questions

"aarcuda69062" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Ted Mittelstaedt"...
Forum: Technology July 11th 09, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By HLS
Shell gas with "nitrogen"?

"Tegger" > wrote in message

> Then you could fill your tires with sawdust and get nitrogen that way. ;^)
>

> --
> Tegger

There is a lot of nitrogen in bull poop too.
Forum: Technology July 11th 09, 01:06 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

"Michael" > wrote in message news:d856eb20-eb1f-4b47->
>Never heard about the human hair though... yecch.

I believe they hydrolyze it to carnitine.
Forum: Technology July 10th 09, 10:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message news:h38773>
> I believe that the issue was not overall high operating temperature, but
> some particular places in the block where the oil passed...
Forum: Technology July 10th 09, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By HLS
buying used toyota advice

"M.M." > wrote in message news:GEN5m.20
> I bought a unit from here http://carchip.com/, the personal use model,
> that we used to monitor our teenagers. It worked pretty well. It...
Forum: Technology July 10th 09, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By HLS
buying used toyota advice

"Toyota MDT in MO" > wrote in message

> Those units are probably logging OBD II powertrain data only, though
> depending on the car they could extract hidden airbag data...
Forum: Technology July 10th 09, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By HLS
buying used toyota advice

"Toyota MDT in MO" > wrote in message

> This is the only commercially available unit I'm aware of, the Bosch CDR:
Forum: Technology July 10th 09, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By HLS
buying used toyota advice

"Toyota MDT in MO" > wrote in message

> A little self-serving story to drive the point home...

******Not self serving at all.. It shows the difference in a really good...
Forum: Technology July 10th 09, 01:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

"Sharx35" > wrote in message news:ZGG5m.35719
> The TOTAL cost of the syn oil is NOT the figure to use. One should use
> the DIFFERENCE in price between SYN and DINO oil for a...
Forum: Technology July 10th 09, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By HLS
AT&T clients

"aemeijers" > wrote in message news:zfy5m.431763

> If I didn't have my att.net address out there as my contact address so
> many places (more than I can remember), I'd just dump...
Forum: Technology July 10th 09, 01:16 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

"Sharx35" > wrote in message

> Block heaters, over a period of time, consume a lot of electricity. One
> isn't able to plug in unless...
Forum: Technology July 10th 09, 01:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

On Jul 7, 5:51 pm, ransley > wrote:
> also there is a group of earlier...
Forum: Technology July 10th 09, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By HLS
buying used toyota advice

"Geo" > wrote in message
> We're looking at buying used toyota corolla in private sale. We want
> to...
Forum: Technology July 10th 09, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By HLS
AT&T clients

"Pete C." > wrote in message

> HLS wrote:
>>
>> Since AT&T is dumping usenet groups for its subscribers, it is...
Forum: Technology July 10th 09, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By HLS
AT&T clients