Replies: 7
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
Car won't start after 15 minutes of trying - then started

On 2019-10-25, Heron > wrote:
> Fuel system pressure leak down?

I would spray a little starter fluid down the carb and crank it. If it
fires up for a few seconds the...
Forum: Technology November 1st 18, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
Self driving cars and moral decisions-who will live, who willdie?

On 2018-10-31, nospam > wrote:
> the days of home repairs are mostly gone, and not just cars either.

Perhaps for yourself and city folk who don't know how to hold a wrench.
Not...
Forum: Technology November 1st 18, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2018-10-31, nospam > wrote:
> very, very few people repair their own vehicles, and the types of
> repairs an older vehicle will need are often beyond their skill set,
> such...
Forum: Technology October 30th 18, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2018-10-30, nospam > wrote:
> they can, but there's little point in that unless it's a classic car
> that will hold its value.

The point is economical motoring, not going...
Forum: Technology October 30th 18, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2018-10-29, Scott Dorsey > wrote:
> That's not so easy with a Toyota. I had a '78 Corolla SR5 and wound up
> junking it when I could no longer get even routine parts for it.

I...
Forum: Technology October 30th 18, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2018-10-29, nospam > wrote:
> that's the very rare exception, not the rule, and you know it.

At the moment the average car in the U.S. is over a decade old.
That means that...
Forum: Technology October 29th 18, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2018-10-29, nospam > wrote:
> no it won't. nothing lasts forever.

Not forever, but damned long is certainly possible. I've been driving
the same car for over 40 years.

--...
Forum: Technology September 7th 18, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 59
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
NAPA vs. Autozone vs. O'Reilly... price and quality?

On 2018-09-06, Mr Trumppet > wrote:
> replying to cuhulin, Mr Trumppet wrote:
> They are allowed to refuse you. Those bathrooms are private and why...
Forum: Jeep October 27th 16, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
Lights won't shut off in 1998 jeep cherokee!!!

On 2016-10-18, Renee > wrote:
> My mom has a 1998 Jeep Cherokee and after driving it the interior lights will
> not shut off. She has to unhook...
Forum: Technology April 13th 16, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
Oil change intervals?

On 2016-04-13, Percival P. Cassidy > wrote:
> With modern synthetic (or part-synthetic) lubricants, do we still need
> to follow these schedules?

The only way to tell for sure...
Forum: Technology March 18th 16, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
Wal-Mart Auto Tire Scam

On 2016-03-17, Scott Dorsey > wrote:
> _Everything_ at Wal-Mart is like this. They specialize in cheapened-down
> versions of legitimate products.

Other big-box stores do the same...
Forum: Technology September 24th 15, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 228
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's being tested?

On 2015-09-23, Bob F > wrote:
> Really!!

Pick up a history book sometime and see what a "goof" it is. Government
has always been a criminal enterprise whose primary activities...
Forum: Technology September 22nd 15, 04:08 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

On 2015-09-22, Scott Dorsey > wrote:
> This article is not exactly accurate.

The point is that government malfeasance, which can and does result
in massive death, rarely if...
Forum: Technology September 22nd 15, 02:43 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

On 2015-09-22, Mayayana > wrote:
> There should be arrests.

Should there have been arrests of EPA miscreants (or the environmentalists
that petitioned them to do so) for...
Forum: Technology August 16th 15, 04:33 PM Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Replies: 384
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 2015-08-16, Buck > wrote:
> Texting is safe if you wear your seatbelt.

Any distraction is potentially dangerous. I've seen a driver run
through a red light because she was so...
Forum: Technology April 20th 14, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
Unibody rigidity

On 2014-04-17, Steve W. > wrote:
> Unibody has been in use far longer than a lot of people think.

The first as far as I know was Lancia in the early 1920s.

The first U.S. car...
Forum: Technology February 17th 14, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
Why your car is less reliable than it used to be

On 2014-02-14, bob > wrote:
> This is the kind of issues we all will be dealing with
> down the road.

Speak for yourself, I plan to continue driving my AMC Hornet...
Forum: Technology January 29th 14, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 75
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
Radials for 71 Matador

On 2014-01-29, Tegger > wrote:
> I think that's a pretty good suggestion. He can try Hemmings Motor News for
> old AMC stuff.

I put Eagle wheel covers on my Ambo wagon and while...
Forum: Technology January 29th 14, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 75
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
Radials for 71 Matador

On 2014-01-29, Tegger > wrote:
> The problem is that the OP wants to retain the original appearance, which
> requires 14" wheels and tires.

Then it's probably going to be off to...
Forum: Technology January 29th 14, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 75
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
Radials for 71 Matador

On 2014-01-29, sctvguy1 > wrote:
> You have no idea of my income level. I cannot afford almost $190 per
> tire. That is not including the mounting, balancing and stems from...
Forum: Technology January 29th 14, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 75
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
Radials for 71 Matador

On 2014-01-28, sctvguy1 > wrote:
> I called several tire places around where I live in Texas, and they told
> me that the 215/75 was a "trailer" tire only and that they would...
Forum: Technology January 28th 14, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 75
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
Radials for 71 Matador

On 2014-01-27, sctvguy1 > wrote:
> Having a hell of a time finding the 215/75, everyone says that it is only
> a "trailer tire" and will not put them on a car. The other one...
Forum: Technology January 1st 14, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
Radial Ride Rough on 71 AMC Matador

On 2013-12-31, sctvguy1 > wrote:
> Got a set of Primewell Radials, sized 195R-14 for my 71 AMC Matador, and
> brother, does it ride rough!

Probably the tires. I have a set of...
Forum: Technology December 8th 13, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Roger Blake[_2_]
Self driven cars to eliminate countless jobs.

On 2013-12-08, dsi1 > wrote:
> That's a good point - 100% control of a car is an illusion. My
> ASSumption is that people in the future will find it hard to believe...
Forum: Technology December 8th 13, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On 2013-12-08, dsi1 > wrote:
> What's your point? People will give up control of their cars because it
> will make life easier for them - the same reason they use cars...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 106