Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Refinish King
Forum: Audi February 10th 08, 11:42 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 4
Posted By Refinish King
2003 A6 Short Circuit?

It sounds like either a weak alternator, or a bad battery.

Check the charging voltage, clean the battery cables if the charging voltage
is above 13.8 volts.

RK
"Bill Clark" >...
Forum: Saturn November 26th 07, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Refinish King
'96 Saturn SL1 Stalling Problem

Hi:
A crank sensor will not set a code!

Throwing parts at a car is a bad thing, because I do this for a living. The
first thing to do is to get someone with a good scanner. That gives readouts
in...
Forum: Technology November 26th 07, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Refinish King
How do repair shops price the parts they put in your car

How would you know this?

RK
"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:55:48 -0800, ...
Forum: Technology November 26th 07, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Refinish King
Directional or NON directional tires? What to buy? Cooper?

Hello:

The main reason tires pull and wobble is that:

1- The belts tear, and you get a bulge in one area, no matter how small it
is. It will cause pulling or a distinct bump, higher at higher...
Forum: Technology November 26th 07, 01:07 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Refinish King
98 Sable - No heat when moving

New does not necessarily mean good:

I would let it idle, and see how high the temp gauge goes, before the
cooling fan comes on. (That is if it has an electric cooling fan?)

If so, and the gauge...
Forum: Technology November 25th 07, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Refinish King
Ford Focus Starts up, then stalls

It could be a blocked catalytic converter.

Only a guess.

RK
"philthy" > wrote in message
> clean the battery connections just to make sure there...
Forum: Technology November 25th 07, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Refinish King
R&R cost, 2004 Audi TT timing belt replacement?

Maybe the cam position sensor drives the tach?

Maybe an electronic issue is the problem, and not the belt?

Diagnosis by posting is not an exact science, some can only relate what is a
well known...
Forum: Technology November 25th 07, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Refinish King
Directional or NON directional tires? What to buy? Cooper?

Excuse me but,

I never made a claim that this information was online.

As for your assumptions.

I guess you keep yourself in that crack induced daze.

RK
"Tegger" > wrote in...
Forum: Technology November 24th 07, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Refinish King
Directional or NON directional tires? What to buy? Cooper?

Sorry:

I just saw it in the manuals that my wholesalers had.

One day, I might be able to swindle a photocopy and post it.

Tire companies have a lot of non public information.

I think it's all...
Forum: Technology November 23rd 07, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Refinish King
Directional or NON directional tires? What to buy? Cooper?

Cross rotating:

Helps keep the belts from bunching.

You can cross rotate directionals for about 50 miles, and that will help
stop the pulling.

RK

PS
Forum: Corvette November 17th 07, 02:58 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By Refinish King
sale prices of corvetts in japan

They do better money in China now!

RK
"'Key" > wrote in message
> "bicum" > wrote in message
Forum: Saturn November 16th 07, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Refinish King
my saturn radio

Call the shop:

Have them get a supplemental work order for the radio.

RK
"Tincbaby21" <u39145@uwe> wrote in message news:7b50e489d061d@uwe...
> So I have a 2001 sc2 3 dr i love it - well except for...
Forum: Technology November 14th 07, 11:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By Refinish King
Why you should remove the negative battery terminal before doing ANYTHING!!!!

The very reason that using a wrong bulb:

Will set a code on an OBD2 system.

RK

PS
I'm not speculating on Jim's method of earning a living. But there are such
instruments available.
"jim beam"...
Forum: Technology November 14th 07, 11:40 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By Refinish King
Why you should remove the negative battery terminal before doing ANYTHING!!!!

Hello:

This might seem odd to you but, newer cars use bulbs that are a specific
impedance. A 2157 is the same candle power as an 1157, but the impedance is
higher. That's why if you use a 2157 in...
Forum: Technology November 13th 07, 03:34 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By Refinish King
Why you should remove the negative battery terminal before doing ANYTHING!!!!

It could be a coincidence?

Maybe there is another problem.

RK
"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 18:04:00 -0800, jim beam...
Forum: Technology November 13th 07, 03:33 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By Refinish King
Why you should remove the negative battery terminal before doing ANYTHING!!!!

The BCM is always communicating with the ECU!

RK
"jim beam" > wrote in message
> Refinish King wrote:
>> On about...
Forum: Technology November 13th 07, 03:31 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By Refinish King
Why you should remove the negative battery terminal before doing ANYTHING!!!!

I'm doing great!

Thank you.

If anything is connected to the BCM, it will be in someway connected to the
ECM. Through a Bus or a connector.

RK
"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message...
Forum: Technology November 12th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By Refinish King
Why you should remove the negative battery terminal before doing ANYTHING!!!!

On about 92 and up:

The dome light is connected to the Body Control Module.

RK
"jim beam" > wrote in message
Forum: Technology November 12th 07, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Refinish King
Chev Lumina (190K miles) with possible blown seal

It's most likely the brass adapter that bolts to the top of the pump
housing,

which the heater and bypass hose go onto.

RK
"scgtking" > wrote in message...
Forum: Technology November 5th 07, 01:00 AM Posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos,rec.autos.4x4,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Refinish King
'97 GMC 350 Engine Performance

I agree on the fuel pressu

But, on the transmission slipping from second to third. If it's a 4L60E or
4L65E, there is an issue with the pressure control valve for the lock up
torque...
Forum: 4x4 November 5th 07, 01:00 AM Posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos,rec.autos.4x4,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Refinish King
'97 GMC 350 Engine Performance

I agree on the fuel pressu

But, on the transmission slipping from second to third. If it's a 4L60E or
4L65E, there is an issue with the pressure control valve for the lock up
torque...
Forum: Technology November 4th 07, 10:01 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 199
Posted By Refinish King
Oil and Filter Change

I kind of figured you use your teeth!

I use my tongue. Since I can part my hair with it.

LOL

RK
"Tegger" > wrote in message
Forum: Driving November 4th 07, 09:27 PM Posted to misc.transport.trucking,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,soc.veterans
Replies: 11
Posted By Refinish King
Remember the Trucks That Burned in California Tunnel?

YES!

RK
"Timberwoof" > wrote in message
> In article...
Forum: Corvette November 2nd 07, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.camaro,alt.autos.camaro.firebird,alt.autos.classic-trucks,alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Replies: 19
Posted By Refinish King
Save on GAS. Stop paying so much! Read this..

I've been great, Thank you.

How are those two slobs you drive, the Camaro and El Camino.

I hope all is well with you.

RK
"lab~rat >:-)" > wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn November 2nd 07, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Refinish King
95 Saturn SL2 Oil Leak

I've seen SL2's cylinder heads crack and leak oil:

Right under the A/C compressor bracket, at the rear of the compressor.

I hope this helps.

RK
"Leeinwind" > wrote in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39