Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: alan_m
Forum: Technology February 25th 18, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By alan_m
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> There you go then. We export very little in the way of manufactured goods
> and financial services are actually a drain on the economy.

But isn't...
Forum: Technology February 25th 18, 12:19 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 24/02/2018 23:07, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 14:19:38 -0700, rbowman wrote:
>
>> And they won't even have to go very far with the Republic of Ireland
>> staying in the EU. London...
Forum: Technology February 24th 18, 09:58 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 24/02/2018 13:20, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan

Isn't that just an up-market Reliant Robin with the third wheel fitted
at the wrong end?

--
Forum: Technology February 24th 18, 09:19 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 24/02/2018 19:30, RJH wrote:

> Were it not for the fact that location is a source of inward investment
> and of course jobs. While the UK financial services sector doesn't do
> much in terms of...
Forum: Technology February 24th 18, 04:01 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By alan_m
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> In article >,
> alan_m > wrote:
>> On 24/02/2018 12:01, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Forum: Technology February 24th 18, 02:20 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By alan_m
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> How do we get the energy and food needed
> in? Let alone everything else we don't make.

Exactly in the same way as we do now. Do you really believe...
Forum: Technology February 24th 18, 11:31 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By alan_m
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> In article >,
> alan_m > wrote:
>> On 23/02/2018 15:37, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Forum: Technology February 23rd 18, 05:55 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By alan_m
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> Very valid when considering the manufacturing future of the UK. Not that
> I'd expect you to care much about that.

Whilst in the EEC/EU for 40...
Forum: Technology February 23rd 18, 02:50 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 23/02/2018 05:35, rbowman wrote:

> What was the name of that British king who invited Hengist and Horsa
> over to solve a few problems? Britain has taken over 70 years to lose
> WWII. That's...
Forum: Technology February 23rd 18, 02:36 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By alan_m
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> Still going to need controls on who can and cannot come into the country.
> If you're going to stop itinerate EU fruit pickers who don't come to
Forum: Technology February 22nd 18, 05:20 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By alan_m
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> Ah - right. Brexit is only about controlling 'immigration' from the EU,
> then? All others will be free to come and go as they please? Figures.
Forum: Technology February 22nd 18, 02:12 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By alan_m
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> Not a problem. Once out of the EU, you just issue work permits to the
> Germans needed. When a robot breaks down, shouldn't take more than a
Forum: Technology February 21st 18, 12:39 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 21/02/2018 10:50, ultred ragnusen wrote:

> Speaking of ingenuity, check out this redneck rear rotor surfacing
> technique at home, with a grinder and while the rotors are spinning.

Judging by...
Forum: Technology February 21st 18, 11:34 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 21/02/2018 04:07, rbowman wrote:

> Try a little more diversity and you'll make the grade.

We are getting there. The new weapon of choice seems to be throwing...
Forum: Technology February 21st 18, 11:19 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 21/02/2018 01:45, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> The robots don't care where they are.Â* OTOH, look where the car makers
> have put up plants.Â* No new ones in Detroit, New York, or California.
Forum: Technology February 20th 18, 08:17 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 20/02/2018 18:57, ultred ragnusen wrote:

> I've never calibrated my torque wrenches, where I have a few 1/2-inch drive
> ones (beam and click), 3/8-inch drive (click) and 1/4-inch drive (click)
Forum: Technology February 20th 18, 05:16 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By alan_m
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

>And Trump apparently has conned many into voting for him by saying
>he'll get those jobs back.

Or was it the population just got fed up with the...
Forum: Technology February 20th 18, 01:21 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 20/02/2018 04:58, ultred ragnusen wrote:
> wrote:
>
>>> Take a look at that biker's concept of a "pocket knife" at 53 seconds!
>>> https://youtu.be/M5_nK8V-nU0?t=53
>>
>> Compared to what's in...
Forum: Technology February 20th 18, 01:12 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By alan_m
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> Very worrying that not only do those countries apparently have human
> beings far more suited to pick fruit etc than the English, but also have
Forum: Technology February 20th 18, 12:45 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 20/02/2018 08:33, ultred ragnusen wrote:

> Luckily it's easy to dismount, remount, and statically balance (and
> dynamically test) a tire yourself,

You are joking! I've seen on many occasions...
Forum: Technology February 20th 18, 01:32 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By alan_m
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> In article >,
> James Wilkinson Sword > wrote:
>>> Nissan UK says the US is its second largest...
Forum: Technology February 19th 18, 09:28 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Replies: 205
Posted By alan_m
Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> the EU will soon be gone, and good ****ing riddance.

Long live the bureaucracy of un-elected EU technocrats!

--
mailto : news {at} admac...
Forum: Technology February 19th 18, 10:55 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 19/02/2018 03:34, micky wrote:

> Of course there are very few flats these days so getting good data is
> harder.

I was talking to someone recently who is in the car rescue / roadside...
Forum: Technology February 19th 18, 01:38 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 19/02/2018 00:23, ultred ragnusen wrote:
> wrote:
>
>>> That's strange that Europeans use a half-metric half-what-you-call-Imperial
>>> standard of units.
>>
>> Not necessarily the rest of...
Forum: Technology February 19th 18, 12:19 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 18/02/2018 22:32, ultred ragnusen wrote:

> I can't stake my mortgage on the percentage but I did say one tenth of one
> percent, and I did easily count over fifty objects per tire, which is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32