Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.52 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Aawara Chowdhury
Forum: VW water cooled December 1st 09, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
2001 New Beetle 2.0L Gas Timing Belt

In >,
Steve L > wrote:

> My wife has a 2001 New Beetle 2.0L gas engine and I'm wondering what the
> timing belt recommendation is? The...
Forum: VW water cooled November 15th 09, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
VW mechanic in New Orleans area

I am looking for a good, reliable VW mechanic in the New Orleans area.
Preferably, someone who knows diesels.

Thanks,
AC

--
Email: echo 36434455860060025978157675027927670979097959886449930P | dc
Forum: VW water cooled November 13th 09, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Tried replacing the transmission fluid and filter - didn't help. Then
replaced the valve body and solenoids. So far, so good ..... keeping my
fingers crossed!

AC

In...
Forum: VW water cooled October 10th 09, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
VW Jetta TDI 2003 transmission problem

I just purchased a 2003 Jetta TDI automatic with 123,000 miles on it.
The car drove fine on two test drives - both times the engine was cold,
and then on a 300 mile trip home from the dealer.

It sat...
Forum: VW water cooled September 7th 09, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
Life expectancy of 1995 VW Golf TDI 90HP

In >,
Wao > wrote:

> I've got this Volkswagen Golf with a TDI engine developing 90 HP which was
> made circa 1995. It's got about 155,000...
Forum: VW water cooled June 9th 09, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
seeking input on 2000 VW TDi automatic with 212k miles

I have a 2000 New Beetle TDi manual, and generally it has behaved
rather well. I purchased this vehicle with about 110k miles, and
have added 10000 miles in just about a year.

I am considering the...
Forum: VW water cooled April 2nd 09, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 21
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
TDI Golf problems

In >,
PeterD > wrote:

> No problem... One of my companies makes aftermarket parts for diesel
> engines, so I've spent a lot of time with...
Forum: VW water cooled February 4th 09, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
Building a car from scratch using only parts from your localdealers parts department

In >,
> wrote:

> Me and a friend were talking a little while back. We came to the
Forum: VW water cooled February 3rd 09, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
battery/mileage puzzle

Here's a puzzler. I have a 2000 Beetle TDi. Until about 2 months ago,
I averaged 40 mpg in the city. Two months ago, my mileage dropped
progressively to 38 mpg, then 35 mpg. A month ago the...
Forum: VW water cooled January 25th 09, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
Costco batteries

In >,
HT > wrote:

> Does
> the CCA number matter as long as it is higher than what the car
> requires?

No, it...
Forum: VW water cooled December 6th 08, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
steering turn signal shaft cover 96 jetta

In >,
PeterD > wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 17:54:02 -0800 (PST), Meyer >
> wrote:
>
>>BE WARNED. MARIO GAVAZZI, AKA...
Forum: VW water cooled October 12th 08, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
2000 Beetle TDi black exhaust smoke saga (continued ....)

Hi Jim -

The idler pulleys, tensioner and mounting bolts were replaced at the
same time as the timing belt. The water pump was not replaced, but
it moved freely.

Over the weekend, I drove 160...
Forum: VW water cooled October 11th 08, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
2000 Beetle TDi black exhaust smoke saga

Jim -

Thanks for the informative post. I did replace the timing belt,
as well as what I would call the serpentine belt, as soon as I purchased
the vehicle.

I was shifting around 1500 rpm for all 5...
Forum: VW water cooled October 11th 08, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
2000 Beetle TDi black exhaust smoke saga

I bought a 2000 TDi beetle with 113,000 miles on it about 5 months ago.
First time I've owned a diesel, but I've owned lots of gas turbo vehicles
in the past.

Two months ago, I noticed that under...
Forum: VW water cooled June 23rd 08, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 19
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
early 80's rabbits still around?

In >,
None4You > wrote:

> "Max Power" > wrote in message
Forum: VW water cooled May 29th 08, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Aawara Chowdhury
Mechanic in New Orleans, LA

I am looking for an independent shop to replace the timing belt on
my 2000 Beetle TDI. I would appreciate your recommendations.

I will be residing near New Orleans, LA.

Thanks,
AC
--
Email: echo...