Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ps56k[_3_]
Forum: Jeep March 28th 16, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
Jeep Cherokee headlights - worthless

On 3/19/2016 10:55 PM, Budd Cochran wrote:
> On 3/16/2016 9:57 PM, ps56k wrote:
>> I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee,
>> and was really interested in the new Jeep Cherokee (smaller version).
>> BUT - I...
Forum: Jeep March 17th 16, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 4
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
Jeep Cherokee headlights - worthless

I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee,
and was really interested in the new Jeep Cherokee (smaller version).
BUT - I talked to a person that had one at the grocery store,
and she said that the headlights are...
Forum: Jeep December 29th 14, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
2001 GC negative battery cable

"ps56k" > wrote in message
> Have a 2001 GC - mostly comes out in Chicago area winters...
> Several years ago, the "negative"...
Forum: Jeep December 29th 14, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
2001 GC negative battery cable

Have a 2001 GC - mostly comes out in Chicago area winters...
Several years ago, the "negative" battery terminal corroded,
and was cut, and attached with a clamp-style cable connector.
Now, after a...
Forum: Jeep August 13th 14, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
2001 GC - P/S leak

"ps56k" > wrote in message
> He finally took it to a local shop -
> It was the hose - a little nick/crack.
>
> They asked if he...
Forum: Jeep June 19th 14, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
2001 GC - P/S leak

He finally took it to a local shop -
It was the hose - a little nick/crack.

They asked if he smelled anything burning,
as it appeared to be spraying onto the manifold
and could have started a fire.
Forum: Jeep June 10th 14, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
2001 GC - P/S leak

>> I'm also not a fan of leaks apart from the occasional oil marking.
>> P/S fluid can be coming from lots of places. Often the pump bushing.
>> Best thing to do is to wipe down all the hoses and...
Forum: Jeep April 22nd 14, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
2001 GC - P/S leak

"DougW" > wrote in message
> ps56k wrote:
>> "ps56k" wrote ...
>>> Our son was home for Easter.
>>> He has our old 2001 Grand...
Forum: Jeep April 21st 14, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
2001 GC - P/S leak

"ps56k" > wrote in message
> Our son was home for Easter.
> He has our old 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo.
>
> Noticed a spot on the...
Forum: Jeep April 21st 14, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
2001 GC - P/S leak

Our son was home for Easter.
He has our old 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo.

Noticed a spot on the street.
Opened hood.
Looks like the Power Steering "area",
just under the air intake & box filter.
The...
Forum: Jeep November 6th 13, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
lugnuts - covers breaking

"Budd Cochran" > wrote in message

> Instead go down to your local parts store and get regular chrome plated
> acorn style nuts and use...
Forum: Jeep September 30th 13, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
lugnuts - covers breaking

"ps56k" > wrote in message ...
> Have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo -
> Our son now has it up in Wisc.... for kayaking... below is...
Forum: Jeep September 30th 13, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
lugnuts - covers breaking

I am thinking of just getting a handful for replacements when they break.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Wrangler-Liberty-Grand-Cherokee-Commander-Factory-OEM-Lug-Nuts-Lugs-1-2-20-/171033037156

are...
Forum: Jeep September 30th 13, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
lugnuts - covers breaking

Have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado -
Our son now has it up in Wisc.... for kayaking... below is email
discussion...
----

A friend had a flat tire, and could not get the lugnuts off - tire iron...
Forum: Jeep May 3rd 13, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
Wobble in 2001 WJ Front

"Mindy" > wrote in message
> getting a wobble in the steering wheel after running over say a rail road
> track or...
Forum: Jeep April 25th 13, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
87,89,93

In looking to fill up wife's new Ford Focus,
we used the premium 93 stuff.... but then did some web surfing.
It appeaes that the octane rating does not improve mpg,
but is merely aimed at...
Forum: Jeep April 25th 13, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
keys - waterproof ?

"DougW" > wrote in message ...
> ps56k wrote:
>> Our son has kidnapped our 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
>> to take on his whitewater...
Forum: Jeep April 25th 13, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
keys - waterproof ?

Our son has kidnapped our 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
to take on his whitewater kayaking trips...

In his web surfing, he found something that implied
that the keys with the RFID chips inside the molded...
Forum: Jeep March 28th 13, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
oil - 5w20

"ps56k" > wrote in message ...
> Wife just bought a Ford Focus today...
> Interesting looking under the hood, noticed oil was - 5w20
Forum: Jeep March 28th 13, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
oil - 5w20

Wife just bought a Ford Focus today...
Interesting looking under the hood, noticed oil was - 5w20
Great... now another blend to put on the shelf.

What's with 5w20 vs say our normal 10w30 ?

--
/ _/...
Forum: Jeep February 16th 13, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

When we start up - we get a squealing noise - guessing a glazed belt ?
After a minute it's gone....
Suggestions/comments - vs just replacing the belt -

--
/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/...
Forum: Jeep June 28th 12, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Will Honea" > wrote in message

> The clutch is a fluid type. Basically, the little coil on the outside is
> temperature sensor that...
Forum: Jeep June 27th 12, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 12
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
new battery - about 5yrs

ok - since we are here with the new battery,
and a chopped "negative" battery cable
that was/is now in the screw/clamp terminal on the post....

#1 - What can we use to smear on the terminal post,...
Forum: Jeep June 27th 12, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
2001 GC - fan clutch replaced

2001 Grand Cherokee - 102k -
Had the oil sensor replaced - now reading more normal..
Could it have just been dirty contacts after last oil change ?

They also noticed the fan blade wobbled on...
Forum: Jeep June 19th 12, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 12
Posted By ps56k[_3_]
new battery - about 5yrs

Just replaced the battery in our 2001 Grand Cherokee.
So, the orig battery was 2001, then replaced at 2006, now again at 2012.

This would imply a general life of about 5 or 6 years.

Since I was...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30